Car stalled now wont start

87T-Type

Been working the kinks out for a few months now on the replacement engine. Car has been having some minor stalling issues when cold but has run great for the most part until yesterday. On the way home the car stalled, started back up drove 500 feet stalled again. Parked it an d it was running rough but running. Thought I might be out of gas, gauge does not work, but i was sure that was not it. Now when I try to start, added gas to be sure, the car backfires and stalls, lots of smoke coming from the turbo by the downpipe, smells like a lot of gas. I am not sure what to look for right now.
The car it stock, new remanufactured motor, nothing special or crazy. I am just trying to get it running right before i start doing any mods. Any help will be appreciated!
Just so frustrated!!:mad:

No Scanmaster yet, still working on that.
Maf is old, crank sensor and cam sensor are also old.
I am guessing that will be the best place to start.
Thanks.

Been working the kinks out for a few months now on the replacement engine. Car has been having some minor stalling issues when cold but has run great for the most part until yesterday. On the way home the car stalled, started back up drove 500 feet stalled again. Parked it an d it was running rough but running. Thought I might be out of gas, gauge does not work, but i was sure that was not it. Now when I try to start, added gas to be sure, the car backfires and stalls, lots of smoke coming from the turbo by the downpipe, smells like a lot of gas. I am not sure what to look for right now.
The car it stock, new remanufactured motor, nothing special or crazy. I am just trying to get it running right before i start doing any mods. Any help will be appreciated!
Just so frustrated!!:mad:

My car did the same thing a few months back and it turns out it was a fried computer. If you have a way to check your injector pulse then that would be the first thing I'd check

While the ECM is a good thing to check, I would suspect the MAF, cam sensor, crank sensor as mentioned above.

Can you start the car now and idle it? If so pop the hood and tap the MAF with the handle of a screwdriver. If it stumbles.....there you go.

If you can restart it I wouldn't think it was the cam sensor or crank sensor.

True. If you don't have a way to check your injector pulse there are cheaper things to check easily.

Thanks everyone!
One of the local MAGNA guys stopped by today and looked at a few things with me. Tried a working MAF and a working cam sensor cap, car still sputtered and died. Fuel pressure was only at 23Lbs, we seem to think that the booster pump on the car from the previous owner might be bad and causing the problem. SO I am going to start with removing that 1st and go from there!

Thanks again, will keep everyone posted!

Update

Well guys, turns out that it was the crank sensor!
It was rubbing on the crank ring, it wore all the paint off. Reset the gap and car is running great!
Now, as it happens, went to get gas and lost the brakes, line blew out right in front of the drivers side door. Looks like i am going to be replacing that steel line this week!
Oh well, one more thing to work on!
Thanks again for all the help!