car running hot

rio1012003

after driving for about 30 min i notice my temp starts to climb well over 225.oil and coolant look good.no smoking.recent mods consist of replacing upper radiator hose due to hole in it and a turbo saver.i also notice at first start up the fan cuts on, is this suppose to be?any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Is it low on coolant? How old it the radiatior cap and thermostat?
Is the fan on at 180* What chip are you using? Is the high and low speed working?

Could be a lot of things. How old is the radiator? Does the fan come on when the motor is hot?

Is it really hot; or just he gauge or sensor? Get a real thermometer and check the coolant temperature.

Could be air trap in the system. Try raising and supporting the end, remove rad cap and let the car idle (I run the heater also). If there is any air in the system, this should force it out, then top off coolant. Otherwise, run a 160* stat and make sure it's facing the right way.

i had my two fan relays melting at the connector, left side of engine compartment, note: getting a 160 deg thermostat won't help if ur rad is not efficient.flush the system and bleed it.