Car Missing/Hessitating when you hit the gas from a stop?

Well heres the thing.

The car will Hessitate and sometime stall (if i have the steering wheel turned)
when im sitting at a stop sign/light. if i push the gas down about 25-35% it will try to stall. and then kick back up, the car has a deffinant miss to it.

how ever, If im sitting there with my foot on the brake and my foot holding down the gas, kinda like brake torquing but not that much, it will take off just fine.

What could this be? Any ideas?

2nd Question.

If im in overdrive and I try to romp down on it, It will down shift, and you can feel the car revving up and spooling, but no accelleration. then suddenly after 1 second of waiting AFTER the downshift, it HITs, and HARD.

Could I have a Stall Converter in my car?

Also, The previous owner said that my car WOULD chirp the tires in 2nd. Well it doesnt. IT will barly spin the tires when you hit it from a dead stop with no torquing.

Now if you torque it then it will flat out spin them until they fall off.

What is going on, 2800rpm is when the power hits. no sooner or later..

87grandnational said:
Well heres the thing.

The car will Hessitate and sometime stall (if i have the steering wheel turned)
when im sitting at a stop sign/light. if i push the gas down about 25-35% it will try to stall. and then kick back up, the car has a deffinant miss to it.

how ever, If im sitting there with my foot on the brake and my foot holding down the gas, kinda like brake torquing but not that much, it will take off just fine.

What could this be? Any ideas?...Snip....

The first thing I'd do is check and set the IAC and TPS. If they are out of spec, it can cause some of what you describe above. Have you done the Spring Cleaning?

TPS and IAC setting procedures are HERE

:)

Do you have a scantool or access to one? Perhaps borrow a friend's Turbolink? Need to check if it's throwing a trouble code or not. Sounds like a possible bad MAF going out. I'd also look into MAF to see if a screen has come loose. Scantool will also alow you to check values of TPS, IAC, and other stuff you can share here for the guys to help you troubleshoot and diagnose. I'd also check plugs, wires, coil pack, and change fuel filter if it hasn't been done in a while. Having a friend to swap parts off of or spares always is a plus but I must stress..... only change one thing at a time! Sounds like a tuning problem/ concern to me. Good luck and let us know.

You should try Spring Cleanining as stated above. This should give you a good starting point. Once you get the general maintainance completed, run a scan and see if you have any trouble codes, reset your sensors to specs. As stated above, change one thing at a time and note your changes until you have corrected all basic problems.