Car is running very erratic and broke down

TIMS87GN

I can't get my car to run. I had to leave it in a parking lot.

I washed the engine bay down with soap and water (I've done this before with no troubles). Car idled and ran fine. Pulled it back in the garage to finish cleaning for a night of cruising. Several hours later I get in and drive about 1/2 mi down the road and I notice the car is kinda not liking my throttle inputs. I drive down the road some more (thinking about going home) and it starts to sputter a little then it cuts out altogether and I coast into a Bingo parking lot.

He's what I know. I have fuel pressure and I have spark. It will immediately fire but the idle is erratic and doesn't respond the the throttle much. Over the course of a half hour before I got a ride home, it seemed to get a little better. It has periods were it actually idles fine and responds to throttle then it starts acting up again or dies altogether. My friend believes it is water that got into some connection around the ignition module/coil pack.
I have no check engine light.

This is my daily driver at the moment so I need to get it fixed fast.

Someone out there that has experienced this please give me some ideas!!:confused:
Thanks

man, i guess i'll think twice about cleaning out my compartment. i was just looking at mine today and noticed how nasty it looked. I'll stick to individual wipes i guess

Well, here's the update for anyone interested.
It apparently was water in some connectors. I went back to the car after letting it sit for a while with a hot engine. It fired right up and the whole way home it didn't act up once! I'll take for another shackdown in a little while, but I feel confident that was it.
I'm glad I didn't fry something though!!

Guess I'll do future cleaning with a wet rag and not a hose!!!
Hard lesson learned!! :D