car is popping

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
While driving my 87 TR last night, I decided to take a spirited launch from a stoplight. The car kind of bogged a bit, popped and snorted twice and then it got up and went like I felt it should. The car otherwise drives normally, but it seems to have problems when launched or pushed hard from a slow roll. No parts have been added and the state of tune has not been adjusted. This problem just appeared on its own. Most other problems that show up are because of me. :)

What things should I check for? I am pretty sure I replaced the coil pack a few years ago, but I probably should measure the resistance to be sure it is within spec. The plugs were new in the spring. The TPS was within spec last time I checked it with TurboLink in the spring.

Thanks for any ideas.

coil pack is going bad under heat, spark plug wires arching or bad, spark plugs worn , fuel injector (s) dirty.

Most likely the coil pack.

Thanks for the response. I am going to ohm out the coilpack after work today to see what it is like. I was going to swap one in just to see, but coils are a non-returnable item at our auto parts store.