Car is now operational...

J-Rod

Well, after 4 yrs of being apart , the car is now fully operational. Just like to thank some of the folks who answered some of my questions in the last few weeks. Having been apart so long it took a awhile to get everything sorted out.

Last night we took care of the last 3 issues. We changed the break in oil, and we fixed the fuel pumps, and the fans.

The fans we traced to the feed coming from the alternator. A splice where the inline fuse is had pulled loose. Hence, no fuel. Repairied that, fuel is now working. All that is left to do is hook up the wiring for the second pump which I will do in the next few days.

Item number 2 was the fans. They wouldn't come on. We started checking, and we had no juice on the hot leads (red wires) coming into the fan relays. During the rebuild of the car, I had traced down all the fusible links and cut the out of the car. I ran individul hot leads and brought them to a fuse panel. Once we checked that we found that the fuse had blown. Replaced it, and found that as soon as the fan went to kick on it blew it again. Then, I checked the original specs which were for 1 lead which branches into 2 16A links. My one feed had a 20A which was blowing immediately. Wa put in a 30A and tested both fans, both work fine with no blown fuses.

We went on a couple of drives last night and even with the FMIC the car ran 160 degrees rock solid....

Currently the car is just running an open THDP. The plan this week is to get he second pump running, get the cat on and get it emissions tested. After that, we will switch to the 72# injectors and the thumbwheel and it will be time to start tuning.

We have been taking it easy on the car thus far. But, at 1/4 throttle and 10psi of boost, it feels like is pulling as hard as it was on the stock motor w/ the TE44.

My only other issue is with the converter. I ordered a Precision multidisc with the O pump. It was supposed to be around a 4000 stall. The car will only go 3000 on the foot brake thus far. I will see how this works once we tune the car, but so far it doesn't seem to be enough stall.