car is faster through the atr exhaust?

suprbuick7

Recently started to drive my car again . I swear it feels faster
( spool) and stronger through the gears with the ATR 2.5 SS duals than if I open the exhaust cutout. That is the feeling through the Butt dyno. Any reason for this?

I hear ATR uses magic fairy dust in their 2.5" exhaust now...

But seriously... I hear lots of good things about the ATR 2.5", and would want to know also. Don't know if I should go Hooker or ATR...

It's because you just spent $595 or so?

There are a million things that go into how any particular car runs. When you make subtle changes like the one you describe, the outcome can be unexpected.

Had you made a bigger change, like removing the OEM exhaust and replacing it with a THDP and no exhaust, I can assure you those 2nd and 3rd order effects would no longer control and the car would have picked up.

Its been debated for years. There are some guys that say their car runs better through the exhaust. I can't see how that is possible, but there are guys who have tried it both ways and say there is either no gain with their dump open, or it runs even slower.

I have always found that my car spools better and has a better ET/MPH at the track anytime I have tried it. It all depends on your car, combo, and how you tune it.