Car fires but won't start

Maddox Racing

Car turns over but won't start. When I turn the switch should I be able to hear the fuel pump? If I pour gas in the intake it will start briefly then cut off.

Yep..

Replaced relay, still nothing. Is there a way to check the fuel pump without dropping the gas tank?

start with a VOM and see where the electrical system may have problems..No point in throwing parts at it, not knowing if they are faulty

Relay has power. Is there a way to check power to the pump without removing it?

On the DS, by the coil pack, you will see two wires with connectors sticking out.
The green connector with two white wires is for an aftermarket tach.
The other connector (Black with gray wire) is for the fuel pump prime. Connect 12V to it and the pump will (Should) run.

The prime connector looks like this;
http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=990

Tried that. Still nothing. Guess it's time to drop the gas tank now. Thanks for the help. Atleast I know where to hook up a tach now.

[/I] I had a similiar problem. If I sprayed ether, the car would start and then shut off.[/I] I finally noticed that I DID NOT HAVE the ECM wire connected to the battery. Check the ECM (16 Gauge wire with quick disconnect) and make sure this wire has a solid connection. I connected the wire to the battery and she started up. I am getting OLD. I disconnected the connect to keep the car from being cranked and stolen.

the original pumps tend to go bad quick... when i bought my car the tank was full of rust and the pump was rusted as well so i went ahead and swapped to the walbro 340 with the hotwire kit from fullthrottle and it was a breeze to change and rewire but putting the gas tank on by myself was a PITA