Car finally rocks

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
Besides the main knock and a bad exhaust leak the car is scary fast. I only take it on short trips before the oil gets to hot and thin. Then it doesn't knock hardly at all till it gets good and warm.
I got into a lil race Sunday. Guy had a early 90's GTA. He wouldn't even come to a full stop at the sign and tried cheating to get ahead of me but I just put her down and quickly caught him. We did that about 4 times and then he pulls over and I see him get out and crawl under his car, so being the nice guy I am I turn around to see if everything is ok. He takes off and doesn't even look at me, Poor salty GTA owner, lol.

Awesome man, good to hear she is running full blast. I can hear an exhaust leak by my turbo but I cant see it or feel it or find it, I can just hear this exhaust sound(gurgle sound).........sounds like it is coming from inside the turbo?? Hopefully I will be able to go mustang hunting with ya next summer, if I get the pig running right. What kind of boost levels are you running on that thing............got a lot of tire spin???

Later man, Nick

I've been waiting forever to see how your car runs. What's this about a knock?? Your luck seems about as good as mine. Good luck with it. Any chance you'll take it to the track anytime soon? Mine's still 95% done as it has been for the past couple years. Just can't seem to get the motivation to get the last little bit done.

I can run 12 pds on 93. I bought some torlene and added to 10 gallons and it suppose to raise the octane to 105. I turned the boost up to 15-16 pds. Thats where it is right now and its unbeilably fast. Its scary to think I can get another 100 hp out of it.
Yes tire spin, I broke the tires loose at 40 mph by stomping down on the throttle.
As for the track. That is not going to happen this year. I am going to take it on short trips till the snow flies and then stick her away for the winter. Next year the engine will come out and I will have to cut the crank and put new bearings in her. If I had to guess I bet it would run a low 12 right now w/ slicks. It gets up to 90 in just a few seconds, crazy!

Mixture total is 10 gallons.

FORMULA 1
Toulene
R+M/2...114
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...94.2 Octane 9 gallons premium 1 gallon toulene
20%...96.4 Octane 8 gallons premium 2 gallons toulene
30%...98.6 Octane 7 gallons premium 3 gallons
toulene...etc

FORMULA 2
Xylene
R+M/2...117
10%...94.5 Octane
20%...97.0 Octane
30%...99.5 Octane

FORMULA 3
Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether (MTBE)
R+M/2...118
10%...94.6 Octane
20%...97.2 Octane
30%...99.8 Octane

FORMULA 4
Methanol or Ethanol
R+M/2...101
10%...94.3 Octane (Methanol)
10%...94.7 Octane (Ethanol)
20%...Not Recommended

FORMULA 5
Isopropyl Alcohol and Tertiary Butyl Alcohol
R+M/2...101
10%...94.5 Octane
20%...Not Recommended
30%...Not Recommended

Turbowrenchhead, hopefully these formulas will help you out. These have been tested by Dr. Dean Hill here at NMSU. Not really good to go over 30% on these mixtures as it will kill fuel pumps and injector windings if too strong. :(

You might remember his name from Hot Rod Magazine when they tested Nitro-Propane and blew up an engine by going over the 30% "rule". He warned them and they wanted to test anyway. It was spectacular.:D

Yup. Unfortunately it doesn't make that much up in octane. And with the price increase, I get race fuel instead of mixing nowadays.

Whats up Trev,
good to see youre up and running (at least one of us is:eek: )
I feel like pushing my heap into lake Michigan right now!

I sent you a e-mail w/ my new #.
Later
Jay