car dont run the same!!

blakkGN

I have a stock motor and when I drive my car for like a hour or two my car run different. My question is how can I keep the car cool so the can will run the same when I first started the car? HELP HELP PLEASE!!

I have a stock motor and when I drive my car for like a hour or two my car run different. My question is how can I keep the car cool so the can will run the same when I first started the car? HELP HELP PLEASE!!
:confused:Describe "different"

I have a stock motor and when I drive my car for like a hour or two my car run different. My question is how can I keep the car cool BECAUSE WHEN I DRIVE THE CAR FOR A MIN. THE CAR RUNS DIFFERENT LIKE THE TAKE OFF AND IT FEEL LIKE I LOST HP

Someone told me these cars are made for cold starts and when it's hot the car will run different but i know it's a way to keep the car cool?

:)
a guy told me he drove his gn 240 miles then raced it n still did 10.60 in a 1/4

I have a stock motor and when I drive my car for like a hour or two my car run different. My question is how can I keep the car cool BECAUSE WHEN I DRIVE THE CAR FOR A MIN. THE CAR RUNS DIFFERENT LIKE THE TAKE OFF AND IT FEEL LIKE I LOST HP
:eek::confused:

Well for one...more details about the car and EXACTLY what it's doing....;) Does it stumble at WOT or on the Tip in? Is it overheating? If so, what thermostat do you have in it? How hot is it where you live? Do you run the A/C and sooooo on! If you want help we have to know details:)

It's s stock motor never been took apart and it don't run hot it just take off different it hesitate n take off slower

When my car was stock it did the same thing. The longer you drove it the worse it ran. I installed a cold air kit and fuel pressure regulator and dumped the cat and it was way better. This was in 1990 when I got it and didnt know much about it:biggrin: You running a 160 stat? What mods are done to your car? how many miles?

1 Scanmaster
2 valve springs
3 cold air kit
4 chip and or translator
5 hotwire kit and upgraded pump
6 regulator
7 injectors
8 meth injection
But first things first do a complete tune up and fuel filter replacement
Clean the intercooler out and install breather in right side valve cover.

You really need....

To do more reading to get up to speed on the TR's, before engaging in mod's. Knowledge stands between good performance and costly repairs. Go to Turbo Regal Web Site and www.vortexbuicks.com and you will gain a good understanding of your vehicle and the ability to help other new TR owners. After spring cleaning, upgrade of fuel pump and hot wire kit.and valve springs. Tuning/diagnostic equipt, such as scanmaster and power logger, etc. will help you learn how to tune and better choose your mod's for your desired peerformance goals.(turbo/inj./chip/heads/converter/ etc.):biggrin:

Does the car still have the converter on it? its located on the passenger side connected to the downpipe from the turbo that runs to the mufflers. Also do you have a temp gauge? How high does it get? Can you post pictures of the cars engine compartment and interior?

OK, Lets back the ruck up a bit. From what the OP is saying, we have an 80,xxx mile bone stock car the runs "different" or has a loss of power after running a few hours.

Before anyone can be begin to trouble shoot this without just guessing or throwing parts at it we need some more info, and you need to get a scan tool to give us some numbers.

What is the cars current condition and how long has it been since basic maintenance items have been taken care of, such as plugs, wires, fuel and air filters, transmission fluid not burnt looking, etc?

Are there any other symptoms that will point us in the right direction?

Now once you have a scan tool drive a few miles to get things to normal operating temp and get the following info for us with the car in park and the AC off.

RPM #
BLM #
IAC counts
Coolant temp
MAF #
O2 Cross-counts climbing continuously?

Now drive until you feel the problem is occurring then stop and get us the above numbers again.

Without the proper information we can't find you a solution.

I don't have no converter on it, I have a temp gauge, it get 180, I have pictures on her but ill upload more around 2pm