Car died,won't restart,wth

v8snvme2

I was backing my car outta the garage tonight and as soon as I put it in park to let it idle it died instantly.Now it won't restart.The headlights,interior lights and door buzzer work fine.Turn the key forwards or backwards and there is nothing.What is the first thing I should check.I looked over the fuses and didn't see anything blown.Please help,I gotta race Sat. night.Thanks.

does it crank over...you have fuel pressure...check neutral safety switch in trans....move shifter around to see if it starts in a different position

do you have an anti theft chip?,
why it died i havent a clue based on the info you gave

if you blew the pump fuse the car wouldnt run very long but it would crank just not start , if you turn the key and it wont crank it sounds like the neutral start switch is out of adjustment at the base of the steering column but it is in no way related to why the car stopped running ,

Buick

It just died,that's it.There is no power to anything as far as when the key is turned forward.It's just like when a battery is unhooked.The only weird thing is the headlights,interior lights and buzzer still work fine.I thought about the neutral switch too.Will it do anything if it's bad.My warning lights(digital dash) don't even come on when the key is forward.Thanks for the help so far.

Have you checked your ignition switch? It could have gone bad, it would prevent you from starting plus not allow the warning lights to come on :confused:

Sounds like a bad fusible link, if one of them goes it will just die and cause the symptoms you describe. If your starter wiring is too close to the exhaust manifold, you may find the wiring melted against it, if the link went find out what burned it or you'll be getting stuck again.

Originally posted by NJVetteGuy
Sounds like a bad fusible link, if one of them goes it will just die and cause the symptoms you describe. If your starter wiring is too close to the exhaust manifold, you may find the wiring melted against it, if the link went find out what burned it or you'll be getting stuck again.

Ditto. Sometimes however, links go just from thermal cycling and get brittle. You can tell what caused it by the appearance of the break.

Buick

Which link is it?Where exactly is it located?I really appreciate this.BTW how do you tell if it's bad?I've never messed with a fuseable link before.