Car #301 back home with pics!

Snorman

Boosted.
I picked up the TTA today, and am very pleased with the results.
The car isn't a show car, but it looks pretty freaking awesome!
It's got new front fender liners, new nose emblem and the fender emblems were removed to replace with a new set (from Car Motorsports) that didn't come in before I picked up the car. Honestly, I think it looks better without them and may not put them back on the car.
The wheels came out beautiful, and are stunning in person. They were stripped, any edge damage smoothed out, centers painted and clear coated, and the lips polished. There is no clear on the lips, and they can even be polished more than they are now. I have a new set of centercaps on order, but these are in great shape. You'll also notice that it's wearing all new tires (BFG G-force Sports and BFG DR's).
Next up are a few minor interior items...recover the steering wheel, a new console and shift plate, clean the seat belts, etc. I'm going to put the TE44 and a set of 50's on it in the next week or two.
Anyway...on to some pics...
ttarightsidefront0ny.jpg

ttaleftrearside7de.jpg

ttarightsiderear2gl.jpg

ttaleftsidefront6ai.jpg

ttaleftrearwheel3gm.jpg

ttahood9pc.jpg

ttarearbumper6in.jpg

ttarearwing8la.jpg

S.

It runs pretty good now.
It's got a set of Champion heads and intake on it with a 218/218 cam, DP and a few odds and ends. The stock turbo is seriously holding it back right now.
I'm going to get it to the track this week for some baseline times. I'm figuring it's going to go mid-high 12's as it sits.
S.

Looks really good. How many miles are on it? I would suggest you look on ebay and look for some mud flaps. That paint looks almost flawless and those drag radials are gunna cause some rock chips on the rear fenders. What wax did you use?

It's got 133k on it. :eek:
You'd think it was 33k if you saw the car in person.
I hate the thought of mudflaps, but I'm probably going to need to do something.
Yes...the paint came out beautiful.
Thanks.
S.

Snorman said:
It's got 133k on it. :eek:
You'd think it was 33k if you saw the car in person.
I hate the thought of mudflaps, but I'm probably going to need to do something.
Yes...the paint came out beautiful.
Thanks.
S.

So it's been repainted? Here's the mudflaps I was talking about http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-9...42611QQitemZ4622512248QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW You can get them that saw Firebird or Trans Am at the bottom but the plain blacks I think would look alright. I'm probably gunna order a set in a couple weeks in order to keep my fenders from getting any worse from the rocks my DRs kicked up.

72firebird said:
So it's been repainted?
Parts of it (hood, rear quarters and bumper cover).
The guy did an outstanding job.
I didn't want a low-mileage car that I would have obsessed over all the time. I wanted something I could drive and take to the track.
This car will make an awesome driver for somebody who is into these cars when I decide to sell it. ;)
Thanks for the link!!!

S.

The guy who did the rest of the work on the car.
I actually bought three more wheels because two of mine were slightly bent.
He cleaned up the edges, stripped, painted and cleared the centers and polished the lips.
There are two advantages to having no clear on the lips...1)the lips can be polished to a mirror-like shine if so desired, and 2)if any of the wheels gets a nick or curb-rash, it can easily be repaired.
S.

That one looks great, nice job! I know what it's like before and after and what a joy driving something that not only performce but also looks ace!

By the way what color (code etc) did you use for the gold on your rims?

In regards to the mud flaps. I dont race the car (yet) and was concerned about rock chips on the rear lower quarters.
This is what I did, I bought two universal flaps and used large clips that I bought in an office supply place like Staples or Office Depot. The clips hold the mud flaps on securely and when I go to a show, it takes a few seconds to unclip them. If you need a photo, let me know and I will take a picture.
I have attached a photo of the clip

Attachments

• s0045640_std.jpg
    s0045640_std.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 142
Jan Larsson said:
By the way what color (code etc) did you use for the gold on your rims?
Paint code for the wheels is WA9008.
The GM-specific code for the wheel color is 52.
S.