Can't/won't burn out!

Timbuick

A strange one! I took my car to the track last year and am heading off again this weekend.Last time I backed the car into the edge of the watered area and proceeded to try and burn out my M/T drag radials (20lbs). The wheels turned slowly but didn't burn out like my old Mopar would.

The car does have a tight posi unit in the diff, but I can't figure what was hapening.
Am I just being a wus and need to get on it more:redface:?

it should be lighting them up as long as the turbo spools which it should bc its stock. Light on the brakes and roll into it until it builds 8-9 psi. You might need to pull some fuel out of first gear too.

burnout

Might want to try backing deep into the water box then pulling ahead. Terry

Thanks guys. I remember being quite hard on the brakes as I have vac brakes and didnt want to suddenly overcome the brakes which probably hindered things.

The turbo spools up real nice in everyday situations, so I don't have concerns there.

I was thinking of giving the burnout a miss so as to preserve braking power at the line as with vac brakes it's difficult to build boost.
That said, I'm wondering if running d/r's without burning out is dumb. Advice gratefuly recieved on this!

Finaly, the track is well prepped as it's used for top fuel racing etc...

1htnt is right get em wet, lightly brush em of to get the loose dirt off, hammer it burn-out should be easy! have fun

Install a line lock...Mickeys are sometimes a lil tough to turn ive had issues on dry ground prior to my line lock but never in the water...

Guys, just got back.This time I had a friend to spot me during the burnout. I had no problem lighting them up. I just had to 'man up' a touch with the right foot.
Thanks to all.

Now you got to learn to leave on boost. Then you'll go :eek::D:D

Pronto, yes and that's the hard bit. I'm going to ot seperately regarding using a to step set up to allow me to get off the line quicker as I have vac brakes.

Hi Miles,
We need to catch up with each other some time, look the car over and check out the tune. There's some good times in there just waiting to get out.

Would have liked to have spoke more at the week end, couldn't seem to catch you.

Ian.

Hi Ian, well done on the 11.7, most impressive.I take it the car lied the slicks! Sorry I missed you, I had my brother down and I rarely see him so we watched the racing whilst having a few beers!
As for mine, yes plenty of power, just need to utilise it better. still, zero KR on the scanmaster on my strip passes was good to see and 10mph show there is potential even if the ET time sucks:eek: