Can't lower the boost.

evil666

My internal waste gate rod is stretched to the max and my rjc boost controller is at the minimum and the least boost I could get is 20 to 21 lbs on a hot day and 22 to 23 lbs on a cold day. With my old set-up I had the waste gate rod adjusted to 1/8 of an inch to hook it up the down pipe waste gate puck and the rjc boost controller to the max and was able to lower the boost. Is the solution to porte the waste gate hole in the turbo, which I was told will cause more lag? Am I stuck to go the expensive way which means an external waste gate, with an electronic boost controller?

Thanks for any good info,
Marco

This is my new set-up: T-Top 86 Grand Nationals 109 block with weisco forged pistons and 2 billet center main caps, M&A aluminum heads, roller rockers, port match lower intake ,te63 a.r .82, erson 214/214 cam, razor alky injection, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, kenne bell headers, 60 lbs injectors, extender alky chip with 23/21 timing, with a gen 2 with a LS1 maf,thdp, mease 24 row IC, PTC 3200 stall 9 1/2 convertor, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/60/15) , rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms, Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filt

T-Top 86 Grand National 62000 km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have a gen 2 with an extender chip and LS1 maf, hr rear sway bar, no front sway bar, 90/10 lakewood in the front and 50/50 lakewood shocks in the rear with energy suspension poly bushings all over, boxed rear lower control arms. MT 275/60/15 drag radials. Big mouth cold air with an AFE air filter. The times above were done with out these parts

whoever told you porting the wastegate hole will cause lag is wrong.

You need to port your wastegate hole more then likely. pull off your downpipe and and will be able to see the carbon ring buildup on the exhaust housing wastegate hole and downpipe. port the housing leaving enough meat on there for it to still seal. my brothers car had the same issue as you. it wouldn't go any lower then 22psi. after porting the wastegate we could get 14psi out of it. now if you over port it causing the punk not to seal then yes you will get lag do to the exhaust gas passing the puck. porting the wastegate hole is no big deal. also you always want to keep alittle tension on the wastegate puck/rod so it will spool and not lag. hope this helps