Can't get this S.O.B. to prime!!

They shoud have been correct, I dont really know what Jeff gave you, when they are installed they should appear flush with the surface on the front cover before you install the oil pump cover (part that the oil cooler mounts to). Is that what you have???

O.K. I got it, you guys want to slap me now or later?

I had the wrong gears in it.:eek: Got oil up and running thru the motor, and guess what, there were no plugs in the back of the block above the cam...and yes oil will fly! No biggie, I'll pop some plugs in it tomorrow, what's the best sealant to use there, some liquid pipe seal?

Originally posted by GRAYGHOST
O.K. I got it, you guys want to slap me now or later?

I had the wrong gears in it.:eek: Got oil up and running thru the motor, and guess what, there were no plugs in the back of the block above the cam...and yes oil will fly! No biggie, I'll pop some plugs in it tomorrow, what's the best sealant to use there, some liquid pipe seal?

Glad you got it figured out,that engine will absolutely fly, compression is close to 9.0:1 so be careful on pump gas! Jeff KNEW THOSE PLUGS WERE NOT INSTALLED!!!!! I'll kick him in the a$$ for not telling you! Use liquid teflon on the threads.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Glad you got it figured out,that engine will absolutely fly, compression is close to 9.0:1 so be careful on pump gas! Jeff KNEW THOSE PLUGS WERE NOT INSTALLED!!!!! I'll kick him in the a$$ for not telling you! Use liquid teflon on the threads.

He might of told me and I forgot, been a month since I got it. Just tell him to change his message on his cell phone...;)

This motor will be fed 110 octane and controlled by a F.A.S.T. system, and sucking air via a TE45A, so I think you are right on when you say it will absolutely fly!:D

Thanks again for the help, oh, should I get specific plugs for the block? After the above mentioned of some being long.....

Just got through reading this whole thread...

Bill/Gene:

I done about a dozen motors in the last several years, using the cup plugs, peened and PST'd into place. Every time I'm into a new build, I've always had to get plugs from local shops, going by their diameter.

Does T/A or anyone else offer a complete set with the correct cup/Allen pipe plugs?

Thanks in advance...

another possible source for short, NPT pipe plugs that sit flush with the surface, can be found here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
search for a part # 4534K41, to be taken to the right page.
They're called :
High-Pressure Steel Flush-Mount Hex Socket Plugs.
Clearance at a premium? With their 7/8" taper, these precision-machined alloy steel plugs stay level and flush with your surface. They also have extra-deep hex sockets so you can create a leakproof seal without using sealing tape or compounds.
Material meets ASTM A574; threads meet ANSI B1.20.3. Connections: NPTF male (Dryseal), compatible with NPT.
PTFE-Coated Plugs- All external surfaces are coated with PTFE for corrosion resistance. Temperature range is -100° to +450° F.

another possible source for short, NPT pipe plugs that sit flush with the surface, can be found here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
search for a part # 4534K41, to be taken to the right page.
Thanks...McMaster-Carr is OFTEN a life saver. Their Ohio HQ is 15 minutes from me, and a good friend of mine just started as their Warehouse Manager...no more waiting at the Will Call desk. ;)