Can't do a burnout

TurboTer

Zap! Commander
While breaking, even if I floor it the tires still won't budge. This has been happening for about two or three months. Yesterday, I added a Keith Mease 3" downpipe, 3" testpipe, 2 1/2" exhaust with Aerochamber mufflers, and a 160 degree thermo. I tried it out for the first time with the new setup and the tires still won't spin. I even upped the boost. Still nothing. :(

First guess would be a vacume leak or a pre turbo ext leak.

Originally posted by 86gn
First guess would be a vacume leak or a pre turbo ext leak.

Doubt it's a vacume leak, but you may very well be correct that it might be a pre-turbo exhaust leak. Whenever I try to do a burnout, or just get on the car in general, it smokes from (it looks like) the passenger's side near the turbo (keep in mind I have a hot air where the turbo's in the back). At first I thought it was coming from the turbo, but it looks like it's coming from underneath it somewhere.

I'm with STP. Check the tq converter. Must not be stalling high enough to light up the tires.

Hmm...
I have a linelock and can't even do one anymore.
A couple of months ago it was no problem getting the 28" drag radials spinning. Now the car tends to just push through the front brakes.
Not sure if it's the front brakes going or some part of the powermaster. Brake light seems to come on more often, but the brakes work fine.
Guess I should just put the vacuum conversion in that's sitting in the basement. :rolleyes:

If you hold the brake and build boost how much boost are you seeing? My tires starts to spin when I see around 6-8 psi.

trans

Has the trans ever been rebuilt? If so I bet you have a monte carlo converter in there. We have had it happen here. If it is not a d5 or better...change it!!!

i had that problem years ago when i had my trans rebuilt, basterds put the wrong converter in. got a 10 inch 2800 and all was fine again.:D

Mine does the same thing

My car does the same thing. I can only build about 7-8 psi against the brakes. Not enough to break the tires loose while I'm just sitting there. If I lift of the brake and quickly grab it again, Bam, 16 psi and an instant smoke show :eek: . I know I'm short on converter for my turbo, and my exhaust is lousy so that's prob hurting my spool-up too.

If the convertor does not fix the problem, wait until it rains again.. then give it HELL:D :cool: :D

Whenever I do a burnout I had to ease off the brakes a little bit to get the tires to spin. I have the vacuum upgrade with the s10 wheel cylinders and it holds the car very well. So well I have to ease off the brakes just a little after some boost is built. My car is pretty much stock so the power isn't overwhelming but you would think I could do a decent burnout without that much trouble.

If you would put the parts I sold you on the car, problem solved : )

You know I almost put that turbo on yesterday when I was changing out those dern wheel cylinders. I think I'm just scared of the power that it will have once they are on. :eek: