Can I swap??

airwolf

Just wondering what other transmissions guys are running in their GNs or Turbo Ts. I'm thinking about doing a swap. Which trannys would work? Turbo 400, Turbo350, 700r4???? And if so how much modifications would be required? Thanks.

A BOPC TH-400 is probably your best bet. that are cheap and usually only need a shift kit. Don't pay much for one, they are everywhere.

Why Swap??

I think most of the guys with cars that are street/strip combination stick with the original transmission. The three speeds don't match the torque curve very well, and the 700 isn't any better than the 200-4r. Don't have a survey handy, but I don't remember reading about many successful transmission swaps.

tranny

Thanks guys for the inputs. The reason I'm considering swapping is strictly financial. I just had the motor done and I simply can't afford 2 grand to rebuild mine. The tranny shop says it gonna need a full rebuild. Said the case is damaged as well as the pump and other internal parts. They've always been honest with me, I've known the manager for a long time. I just want to get the car running so I can at least break the motor in while I get money together for a REAL tranny. Just wondering what other options I have in this case. Thanks.