Can I remove A/C & Evap. core???

1BADT

TurboHolic
If I delete my A/C lines & evaporator core but re-use the stock plastic housing for the blower motor, heater core etc. Will I still be able to use my heater and not have problems? Or do I have no choice but to switch to a non-A/C car's housing? Any help is greatly appreciated, THANKS...

Yes u can do as u want. You will have to seal up the box where the orig lines came out of the box. Other than that you should be set.

I have removed the A/C and heater box on my silver T. I am going to use a electric heater. I hear these heaters work great and are small and light weight.

I pulled mine out and just plugged the hole the lines come out

that way it can be put back if I choose to

Thanks for the replies...

One question for REDSHOTAIR, what did you use the plug the opening where the A/C lines came out?

Thanks, JASON

:D you dont wanna know

since I didnt want to hurt the box I use some thin sheetmetal like heater ducting and shaped it to fit over the hole and put a 90 bend in the bottom to come out and cover that part got it where it fit nice with it extending past the hole some all the way around then used ultra black permatex rtv to basically glue it to the box.

that way I can peel it back off without damage later.

It will hold for a long time.

one of my other cars I broke a hole in the heater box with the valve cover of the 455 buick motor I had in it and being away from home at the time I took ultra black and covered both sides of a piece of card board and stuck over the hole and its still there today about 5 years later :eek:

BTW: the ultra black permatex matches the box rather nicely :)

Thanks, REDSHOTAIR.... I kind of thought you might have used a piece of thin sheet metal. And I planned on using the permatex ultra black already, great stuff... SEE YA...