can i place 4" speakers in place of the dash 3.5"s?

J

jmvicp

Will 4" speakers fit where the 3.5" dash speakers are? or is there not enough room for them?

I have Infinity 4" kappas in the dash (2 way speaker) and they fit, not real good, but they do fit. (If you want just a bolt in, use the 3.5 though)

Wouldn't really say you were wrong, if I didn't have the 4" speakers from a car I owned prior to the GN, I would have bought the 3.5". The install isn't exactly pretty under that grill:eek: .

Well as long as the 4"er's arent being damaged and dont move around under there, i could give a damn what it looks like with the dash off :)

Why do you want to put 4" one the dash anyways? Its alot easier with a 3.5" and there are many different types of 3.5"

because I am taking everything out in my old car and the fronts were 4", brand new Pionier's. Im really low on money for a few weeks so i dont want to let them go to waste.

Well in that case go with it. But I can't see how you going to fit a 4" in a 3.5" hole, you're going to enlarge the hole and then what the dash won't fit? Unless you squeze the 4" underneath?

what im going to do is take the dash cover off, put the 4 incher's in, then cut out the speaker holes in the dash and replace them with a screen.

been there, done that........... then I bought 3.5"..... and $90 for a new dash cover :D ...........just looked ugly!!! and bugged the heck out of me