Can i convert a pte53 into a TE45a???

Vader 87

Licensed
Can John Craig(NOT PTE) do this for me......if so how much????
Thanks, id ask him but i dont know his number.....feel free to post it.;)

good question ...if so then he'd be able to convert one of my pos 51's to a 45 ..:D

someone posted this in my 45 turbo thread..i think i'll call him tomarrow and find out for the both of us..;)

Limit Engineering
885 Kiowa Av Lake Havasu City AZ 86403 (928) 453-7321

Well all the 50 series turbos including the 54 are small shaft turbos and the TE-45 is a big shaft. I am pretty sure there is no way to do this and to just change a big shaft T63E with 63mm wheel to a TE-45A with 66mm wheel it is $400 so you would have half if not more than what a TE-45A would cost in modding yours. Sell the 54 for what you can get and just buy the 45A.

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
good question ...if so then he'd be able to convert one of my pos 51's to a 45 ..:D

someone posted this in my 45 turbo thread..i think i'll call him tomarrow and find out for the both of us..;)

Limit Engineering
885 Kiowa Av Lake Havasu City AZ 86403 (928) 453-7321

Red i think Inercooler just answered our question......oh well, time to save up some cash.

When did you go to the track Jason? Went to Gainesville I see? Those are .....pretty good times in RACE trim. (YAWN!!!!!!) :D J/K man. We need to meet up for test and tune on a weeknight and fight till the very end of the 1/4. I still don't know what the glimpse is in race trim on my car. Gonna be really curious to find out. Whatcha think?

hehe....yeah Casey, you failed to notice that i only ran at 19-20 psi of boost.....i had a race chip in but my race chip is tuned for "at least" 22psi therefore i was running very rich on that 11.76 run....O2s were in the 830-840 range....oh and i didnt have any knock either (saving my headgaskets...LOL);) .....anyways, im shooting for 10.9s and my motor has plenty left in it......yeah we can have a shootout some time......ill go easy on ya....:cool: :cool: :cool:

BTW, They dont run T&T on the weekends anymore...we'll have to meet up at Jax on a Tuesday or Friday......let me know ahead of time or ill let you know ahead of time so we can plan.

I was thinking about taking a short wednesday at work so I can go to Gainesville. OH BTW, you know how bad Jax track prep is, so I'm sure I can get better 60' from Gainesville. :p :D It's always my first 2 or 3 runs are not very good for some reason. So I'm sure you will beat me the first few times. Then the ole' beast will emerge from her sleep. It's like I have to beat the crap out of her to run better later on. Yeah give us all notices when your going so maybe a few of us can caravan down there.

my first 2 runs are always sorry too....ive got to get some things done first but ill give you a heads up before i go again. Jax track prep is not bad at all...i pulled a 1.69 60ft at Jax in street trim....sometimes theyre good and sometimes theyre bad...gainesville seems to be the same.