Can I change the EGT scale on my powerlogger to get it to read right?

Flyin Brian

I just got a new EGT gauge (AEM) with a 0.5 to 4.5 volt analog output so I could have a gauge and log EGT's to my Powerlogger. Problem is that the Powerlogger EGT reading is way different from the gauge (around 300 when the gauge shows 100). I tried messing with the offset but it does not fix the problem. I think the problem is with the scale. Is the Powerlogger EGT scale for 0-5 volts? If so, can I change it and how? I looked in the INI file and so not see any place to change the scale for analog channel 3. Thanks for your help.

channel 3 is not user configurable, but you could connect your EGT signal into channel 4 or 5.

Bob

channel 3 is not user configurable, but you could connect your EGT signal into channel 4 or 5.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I had not thought of that. I am using ch 4 for fuel pressure but ch 5 is open. I bought the AEM EGT gauge because it had an analog output but did not realize it was 0.5 to 4.5 not 0-5 like the PL EGT channel is set up for. The slope is different on the AEM (Y=450*X-225) so messing with the offset would only get me the right reading at one temperature and it would be wrong everywhere else. Looks like the PL EGT channel is something like Y=354X+32?? Any plans on future releases to support different EGT outputs? Anyway, I can configure and name channel 5 to go with my AEM EGT output and install a standard type K probe and the 0-5 volt signal modifier to go to the PL EGT input and have 2 EGT readings to look at. The AEM is installed in the header pipe at # 6 of course. I could install the other one in the 1/8" NPT fitting right before the turbo. Should be good backup information. Thanks again. Brian

what is the number on that AEM EGT unit? I will look into adding that to the PL stuff on the next version.

what is the number on that AEM EGT unit? I will look into adding that to the PL stuff on the next version.
Cool! It is AEM part number 30-5131 analog EGT gauge. It is a fairly nice looking gauge and the analog output is a good feature.