Can I beat him?

Racing a 4.6 GT is just a waste of fuel on your part. You could be dead asleep at the line and still murder him. Buddy of mine has a T with damn near the same combo as you. Stock unopened except springs, TE44, Meese SLIC, single shot, stock MAF, alky, TT chip. On 23# he went 11.44@116 1.58 60ft on stock suspension.

Let him get the jump then pretend you are on your phone as you pass him. Roll down the window and shout "its your mom! She wants her car back" then drop the hammer of humiliation.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
lmao that funny stuff

Not joking btw...
Car is a 03 with 4.6 and 5 speed.
He paid 4k for it so it's not modded beyond a cold air k&n filter and some loud exhaust probably... It sounds good and riding in it it was peppy.
No way in hell my car would touch 10s though lol !!! I have a 550/600 hp NA trans am that ran bottom 7s in the 1/8 mile at about 99 mph on slicks . My GN is not near as fast just by feel anyway.

I just ordered some insurance though .
275/50/15 nitto drag radials
RJC motor brace
RJC boost controller
Line lock
Hell wig rear swaybar

Headed to the track with it later this spring hoping to hit mid low 12s.

Be careful with that motor brace and your brake lines.

Be careful with that motor brace and your brake lines.
TurboTGuy what's wrong with that brace?

I was thinking about getting one.

I thought it looked cleaner or worked better then the strap one.

Let him get the jump then pretend you are on your phone as you pass him. Roll down the window and shout "its your mom! She wants her car back" then drop the hammer of humiliation.

LOL, thats funny. I should do that to my son!

I had an 01 GT that had full exhaust headers back, cold air intake, flashed tuned, Automatic and 3:73's. Take my word for it, you will have no problem.

Those things are so slow. I am running a ta-49 with boltons, no alky at 13-15 pounds of boost and I was door to door with a new 5.0. You will rape him at that kind of boost level

LMFAO!!!! It would be even better if you get it on a GoPro!

TurboTGuy what's wrong with that brace?

I was thinking about getting one.

I thought it looked cleaner or worked better then the strap one.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the brace. Just make sure there is plenty of clearance with the brake lines.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the brace. Just make sure there is plenty of clearance with the brake lines.
Oh ok good to know if I decide to go that route, Thanks

Ran my buddies 2005 GT a few times from a dig right after I picked my '86 up. All I had done to the Buick where 245's out back (street tire, no stickies), a chip from 1994 running ~15psi with a bit more timing (supposedly. It was on the car when I got it), Hooker testpipe/catback, intake, and a shift kit. The Mustang had a custom ordered chip, 275 street tires on the rear, test pipe/catback, launch control, no-lift shifting, fuel and ignition upgrades, a decent driver, short throw shifter, intake....Pretty much your basic bolt-ons plus a few things.

He tree'd the hell out of me the time I actually got a good launch, but all he could see where my tail lights until I hit OD, then he finally started to real me in. From a roll he stayed at the rear quarter pretty much the whole time, give or take a half car length. Obviously on a closed course in Mexico.

After running it at the track I feel I can take him since most 4th gen f body cars were running times I could beat or hang with on street rubber.

My son has the same combination. 4.6GT 5 speed, 3.73 gears, CAI, Flowmasters, etc.. It runs high 13's. You will destroy him.

My son has the same combination. 4.6GT 5 speed, 3.73 gears, CAI, Flowmasters, etc.. It runs high 13's. You will destroy him.
You must not be tuning his car. :D :p :smuggrin:
Or you tuned it "Teen safe". LOL

No, I'm not tuning it. Lol. It runs decent mph, but the 5 speed is tough to get off the line. His times are consistant with what I've seen from others.
His new Roush terminator engine is being built right now. That should run much better