Can anyone tell me which 200 I have?

a trail rider

It has a 40 on the top of the case, and a larger 1 just next to it. The trans was a rebuild by Art Carr(10yrs ago) and was upgraded with Kevlar clutches and an Art Carr deep pan when freshened up(I owned it), but I know little else about it, except that it held up well in a 10.30's car, and it wouldn't downshift automatically, unless I was stopped or at least going very slow. In drive, it would go through the gears fine, but with very early shifts unless I was really on it.

I'm really most curious if the 401 means anything or if there may be decent value for the trans which isn't negatively affected by those numbers. No tags are on the unit(probably because Art took them off), so I don't know what it came out of. Btw, the numbers were cast into the case.

Finally, I have AC16930 stamped on the converter. It's a 9" or whatever, and I'm aware it's an Art Carr version(got it with trans), but not so much where it should actually stall. For me, it stalled around 3,000. I don't know if it's a lock up or non, etc. I knew more about both years ago, but have no confidence in my memory anymore. Plus, it came from my brother, who ordered whatever and I got it, blah blah blah.

Can anyone help here? I'd appreciate it.

Maybe I can post some pics.

ArtCarr200-4r004.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r027.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r025.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r029.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r017.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r010.jpg

ArtCarr200-4r007.jpg

The 401 is just a casting #.
The only way to know for sure what version you have is to take the pan off, and look for the factory code painted on it, and possibly a "pink" stripe which will tell you it is a hi-po unit. Also present would be a switch or plug in the third pressure port orfice.
The serial # on the pan rail may give you an idea, but it may have been swapped out along the way.

Your 16930 is an AC non lock up version. May have more #`s on it to tell what the stall is, but an older probably not.

HTH, Brian

Thanks, I figured as much. The valve body is an Art Carr too, so no(GM) numbers for ID purposes that I'm aware of exist on there. When I had it freshened up, the builder said he was surprised at some things and that whoever did it, did it right. I pointed to the name on the "super rebuild kit" and he suddenly had all but one answer. He didn't like or understand the usage of original clutches, and he said there were like 8 stuffed in. So he got me Kevlar and I told him keep it the same otherwise because I liked it that way. It hit real hard either way, but I'm okay with these.

Did AC just modify the factory valve body, leaving the original one, or did he have his own as I've read over and over? I can easily break the pan loose to look at it, but I'd rather not at this time. I merely want to know what it is because I was asked what(of any value) I had sitting in my garage and this is one of the things. It's been there a good long time now, and I think I'll get rid of it.

Again, thanks. Now I'm certain about the converter and I don't feel any more stupid about the trans.:D I may have to pull the pan, but I know I was told the VB was an Art Carr so it may be pointless.

Btw, if I sell this combo, or seperate the converter, how much should I ask? I've got alot in it, but I don't expect that amount back. I don't really know what it's worth.