Can anyone identify this SLIC?

HouTX87

I picked up this stretched slic from a buddy yesterday. He is upgrading to a fmic. This was in his car when he bought it and was installed by quad air around 2002. The car came from Illinois. It is about 15" long vs. the stock measuring about 10". The inlet and outlet both measure 2 1/2". There are no tags anywhere on it and I was wondering if anyone could idenitify it. We were thinking it was made by precision.

Attachments

• slic.jpg
    slic.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
Stock core stretched IC with 2.5" in/out matches the description of the old Mark Jackson IC.

Cool, I've never heard of Mark Jackson. I'm going to look that up. If you can tell by the pic it looks like it has 2 seperate cores put together. I counted around 17 rows. My goal is a mid-low 11 sec street car. This intercooler should be more than enough right? I will be upgrading the turbo soon also.

There are afew makers of the 1.5 intercooler. They are all based on stock cores, and should all perform the same.

There are afew makers of the 1.5 intercooler. They are all based on stock cores, and should all perform the same.

Like who? And how should they perform? I'm curious and would like to find out more details about what I've got. I'm sure it's old school compared to the new stuff these days but I like that it looks stock and stealth to the untrained eye.

Mark Jackson, Terry Guza(?), Fairpark, Cottons, I am sure there were more. Mid to low 11's won't be a problem as long as it is in good shape. There were double stock intercoolers that have gone 9's.

This could be an action fabrication unit also. I ran one for a while before going with a front mount, worked great.
HTML:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/intercoolers/afvsstock.html

Cool, thanks guys. My buddy went through the old receipts and found some notes that it came from Cotton's in 2000. It's in perfect shape, no leaks, just needs a fresh coat of paint and will be ready to install. I flushed it with a can of B-12 and then filled it and flushed it with water.

Cool, thanks guys. My buddy went through the old receipts and found some notes that it came from Cotton's in 2000. It's in perfect shape, no leaks, just needs a fresh coat of paint and will be ready to install. I flushed it with a can of B-12 and then filled it and flushed it with water.

So how's that intercooler performing? Im thinking about doing a SLIC soon...

So how's that intercooler performing? Im thinking about doing a SLIC soon...

Works great. Planning to get back to the track friday with some drag radials to see if I can run 11's. Last friday night I ran a 12.5 @ 111 on street tires with a really soft launch rolling into the throttle.