Can a Transmission Cause Engine Knock?

HyperV6

My car is getting some huge knock (30 to 40 degrees of knock retard) under full throttle intermittenly. Usually the knock will happen if I floor the car while driving and it has to downshift. The transmission isn't near as crisp as it once was and it sometimes feels like it wants to flare while shifting into second on light/part throttle. My car has 30K miles on it with the original untouched transmission. It will take 3 or 4 frames of Turbolink for the knock to go back to zero even if I total get out of the throttle. If I gradually increase the throttle to full throttle it doesn't give me any knock at all. So, I think I'm getting false knock from somewhere. I've check the car for anything that could be hitting and causing false knock but haven't found anything. I've also inspected all motor / transmission mounts and use an engine torque strap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Craig Powell

This is a repost from the General area - I only got one reply.

Did you check your flywheel ? I had one that cracked and gave a engine Knock sound.replaced it and was good to go.

I haven't checked the flywheel. I'll check that and the torque convertor bolts when I have it up in the air.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Craig