Can a Transmission Cause Engine Knock?

HyperV6

My car is getting some huge knock (30 to 40 degrees of knock retard) under full throttle intermittenly. Usually the knock will happen if I floor the car while driving and it has to downshift. My car has 30K miles on it with the original untouched transmission. My transmission 1st to 2nd gear change seems to have gotten slower and sometimes feels like it wants to hang up in 1st gear. When it wants to hang up in 1st - I always get the huge knock (30 - 40 degrees of retard). It will also take 3 or 4 frames of Turbolink for the knock to go back to zero even if I total get out of the throttle. If I gradually increase the throttle to the full throttle it doesn't give me the huge knock. I've check the car for anything that could be hitting and causing false knock but haven't found anything. I've also inspected all motor / transmission mounts and use an engine torque strap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Craig Powell

Anybody? It must be false knock coming from somewhere. Is there a way to check the knock sensor or ecs module?

Thanks, Craig