Can a normal valve body be converted to a full manual?

1of1547

Village Idiot!!!
Can you take a normal valve body out of a Turbo 350 and convert it to a full manual? What is the difference in the two? On ebay I saw a guy selling them for $50.00. Most of the ones I have seen go for $150.00. That is telling me that a stock valve body can be reworked. Of course I could be 100% wrong. He may just have a foundry and machine shop CNC mills in his backyard.:D

I have built a couple but it was probably around 6 years ago. I still have my notes somewhere and a little plate to drill out one of the passage walls. It can be done but it is better to either buy a kit or valve body unless you like spending time making it work correctly. :D

Thanks guys, most of the kits still need vacuum though. If you know one that doesn't need vacuum please lte me know. Drilling out holes is no big deal. I was a machinist for almost 15 years. I didn't know if there was a website or a book that showed what needed to be done. But if it is a PITA I will just buy one.

The one I made doesn't use the modulator. Being a machinist, you can either make a plug or just not hook up the modulator. :)

Eric making a plug would not be a big problem. What else is involved. Or is it to complicated to explain over the internet.

If I can find my notes, I could scan a pic of the valve body and send that to you. Just need to find them as the last one I built was at my old shop and since I moved my shop out to my house, I can't seem to find anything quickly anymore. :D

Thats fine Eric, I have been known to be a slow mover.:D But thanks again for the information.