Camel toe with a bad rash?

Winsett

I just wanted say that we finally threw up a number this weekend at the last official King of the Hill (1/8th mile Heads-up / Back half) race. We had been 5.12 a few weeks prior with out high gear – searching for that 4 second time slip we went out with high gear this past weekend in hopes of finishing the year in one piece with something to be proud of. First hit it ran 5.08@136.6 with a horrible 60’ other than that it was a good clean run. Second hit an hour and half later it hammered a 5.04@138.4 still really off on the 60’ but seems to be carrying the tires pretty good into 3rd – it ran 3.30 to the 330’ mark which was the best to-date. In the semis I drew Kenny Esner he has a 4th gen Firebird with a 648ci monster with all kinds of juice… we put a little more power in it and some clutch and it ran 4.96@140.9 to his 4.8ish something… still a half-a$$ed 60’ but it went 3.26 to the 330’. I looked at the racepack last night and it hit 4th gear hard enough to spike the rpm and shake the tires somewhat - I wasn’t about to lift as I could see him the whole time so I drove through it. I think we need new tires these have about 30 passes on them and that would also explain why the 60’s have gone away. So it was a pleasant ending to a good year - we have come a long way racing the little v6 this year against these guys. With that being said I would like to officially announce that my car is FOR-SALE so pass the word… I will have an official post with the details later on the car.

Thanks
Winsett

www.meankidsracing.com

What size tire were you running? Reason I ask is I just got back from the 10.5 Outlaw and Limited Street 1/8th mile World Championship.

10.5 Outlaws running as quick as 4.6x's (on a 10.5W) and Limited Street running in the 4.9x and 5.0's on a real 10.5 and no wheelie bar..

Great runs by the way showing those turbofords and Nitrous fed mountain motors what a v6 can do..!!

Hey, where's the camel toes? :confused:

my short times were 1.26 - 1.25 - 1.23. The problem is that with my car being a manual and the intent to lock it up 1:1 as soon possible - If I am off 4/100th's in the short it makes a ton of difference up high in the run -

As far as tire I currently have 32x16x15's - with a 101" roll out. I am not running 10.5W's when all the big dawgs around here won't... its mostly big tire stuff around here.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Scott,

Congratulations on the 4.
I would like to see 60ft in the 1.10 to 1.19 range with that tire.
Shoot me an email when you get a chance I would love to know what you are working on!

thanks -- you and me both on that 60' comment... I have been 1.20 a few times now but not any teens yet... its really hard when you have the clutch, with the tracks changing conditions and what not... On the hit of the clutch you can see it strikes the tire really hard and then as the clutch comes in it lugs the motor a little and then starts carrying the tires as it pulls back into power - I think that if it had a new or stronger side wall it wouldn't unload after the hit and carry it on though the clutch - maybe its just the age and condition of the tires that combined with the first gear I now have in the tranny - a simple change really if I wanted to do it I will get new tires soon enough.

as far as whats next - well you never know... I can tell you this much I wont have 100% leakage in 7 and 8 next season :)

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Scott,

At the power you are making I think the tires are crap after 15 to 20 passes. I think my friend's 10.5W Mustang changes them every 15 passes. He goes 1.17 at 3000lbs with a Glide.
The clutch can sure give you mph once you have it figured out but until then it can sure give you a headache.

Did I read something about your daughter being in the hospital?
If so I am very sorry and I hope things are ok.

Yea she was in the hospital for a week and some change - I am just glad she is all back to her mean self - thats why I didn't make the buick/ford race in Noble this year, maybe next year... hint hint...

I just looked and counted the runs on those tires and it looks like about 35 logs so they probably have 40 or so 1/8th mile passes...

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Ahh, you are going to the darkside.
4 bolts per hole sure does not make sense on paper
but I am not going to complain about 2400hp small blocks.
What year (body style) are you going to build?

I am glad that your daughter is better!!!

Originally posted by Winsett
the 'dark' blue ovals sure make some power - and who could complain about 2000+hp? 8 holes and 1 BIG 106....

;)

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

So what year/body style Mustang you gonna build?? Is this going to be a backhalf car or a full tube frame car?? Give us some more details about this Ford you will be building......