Cam Sync Error

Yes. It's the distributor that came from you. Mike licht picked it up and sent it to me.

No, I don't know where to get my hands on one either.
I haven't used one since tech school.

Short of looking at o-scope to try and figure out the cam sync signal, just leave it disconnected. It will still run sequential but injector squirts will not be synced to the valve opening. Not a big deal but you may notice some random differences in idle quality every start up. I'd be happy to look at it for you at BG this year.

I'm going to run the cam pickup wires in shielded cable, if I'm right, the pins on the ecu are A1 and A3,is this correct? Re-run these in shielded to the distributor?

I give up, ran it several different ways in shielded cable with weatherpack connectors. Tried grounding shield to motor, chassis and tried it ungrounded. The car actually developed a miss when I went with the shielded cable.
I have accepted the fact that the $*&%! dash light will always be on and decided to move on with my life.

You can turn the light off by unselecting the fault detection. You can still run sequential with individual cylinder fuel correction. Are you 100% sure the HE cam signal is grounded

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It is grounded to the best of my knowledge. I am concerned with the Casper's harness and ccci dead head and whether or not the problem lies there. I did the wire swap per the Casper's directions on the cam signals.
I am not using the individual correction, if that is the case do I even need to run it in seq.?

Talked to John at Casper's about the harness, he said it needs a pull up resistor in line with A3 and another jumpered from A3 to one of the B pins. He thinks it's a floating voltage problem.

If it's wired correctly, the only connections between the distributor and ECU should be to A3 and A1. This would be just like hundreds of other cars have the cam sync wired. This is a VR (variable reluctance) signal and no pullups should be necessary.

I ran the shielded cable from A1 and A3 to the distributor using new pins in the xfi plug, completely isolated from the car's harness and it ran worse, developed a bad miss. Tried grounding the shield to the motor, then the chassis, and tried it ungrounded.
I'm starting to wonder if it's a dist. pickup or xfi problem.

I ran the shielded cable from A1 and A3 to the distributor using new pins in the xfi plug, completely isolated from the car's harness and it ran worse, developed a bad miss. Tried grounding the shield to the motor, then the chassis, and tried it ungrounded.
I'm starting to wonder if it's a dist. pickup or xfi problem.
Have you tried replacing the cam pick up in the distributor?