cam sensor

It's convenient for installing the cam sensor. I wouldn't buy one unless I didn't have a cap and had a ton of spare money. I'd say it's worth it if you don't mind spending extra money for a small amount of convenience.

Hi , Looks like you have a nice set up. how much boost do you run on the street?. do you have the stock heads? thanks pete

Cam Sensor Info

Is there a site anywhere with instructions any help wouold be great

thanks

I have a Caspers led cap on mine. The advantage is you can set th cam snsor without having to use the tool or a volt meter. Also, it's slotted so you can move the cap around without having to loosen the whole unit.

I have a Caspers led cap on mine. The advantage is you can set th cam snsor without having to use the tool or a volt meter. Also, it's slotted so you can move the cap around without having to loosen the whole unit.

and most importantly, you do not have to index the crank. Just set #1 to TDC on the compression stroke. Turn the cap till led lights and your good to go.

I think thats right. ;)

and most importantly, you do not have to index the crank. Just set #1 to TDC on the compression stroke. Turn the cap till led lights and your good to go.

I think thats right. ;)

Are you sure? The led should light up 25 degrees AFTD so wouldn't you still have to index the crank for 25 ATDC?

Also, the Caspers cap will come with very detailed instructions.

Are you sure? The led should light up 25 degrees AFTD so wouldn't you still have to index the crank for 25 ATDC?

Also, the Caspers cap will come with very detailed instructions.

Caspers directions:

New design provides a simple and accurate procedure to set the required 25 degree ATDC cam sensor signal. Has built-in LED which indicates an exact setting point. You simply rotate your engine to Top Dead Center and this cap does the rest. No need to index your crankshaft away from the timing mark!

Uh oh, I think I might have mine set wrong. :redface:Either that or I did do it the right way and don't remember. :biggrin: