Cam sensor... where we buying ?

Tori

Where are we getting complete cam sensor and cap now ? I see Highway Stars has aftermarket #PC16, but not sure if they have stock. Waiting for a reply.

Any others to consider or leads to one ?

There were some Magnavox caps for sale a while back(I bought a few). Some say the Casper’s cap can have issues with aftermarket ignitions.

As for sensors why not get yours rebuilt? Turbo Nasty has done mine.

That being said I believe a few were listed for sale not too far back.

There were some Magnavox caps for sale a while back(I bought a few). Some say the Casper’s cap can have issues with aftermarket ignitions.

As for sensors why not get yours rebuilt? Turbo Nasty has done mine.

That being said I believe a few were listed for sale not too far back.
I'll probably have to rebuild mine, was starting here to see if complete units were ready to go.

Don Cruz sells a brand new cam sensor. Just picked one up gonna install it soon. Heavy duty construction. Stock ECU or aftermarket it works for either.

Don Cruz sells a brand new cam sensor. Just picked one up gonna install it soon. Heavy duty construction. Stock ECU or aftermarket it works for either.

That is a nice piece , I was looking at them at BG .

Tori,
today you have plenty of options that did not exist just a few years ago....

For OE stock appearing....
send the drive unit to Jason B. (@turbo nasty). it will be disassembled, cleaned, new bushings installed, better roll pin to retain gear, and unit is balanced. The cam sensor gear is readily available , if needed - it's just a Buick 350 MSD distributor gear - TA Performance part # 1402A $45.

many other shops rebuild the OE Magnavox drive units - Bison, Steve V, Richard Clark, Don Cruz, etc. Jason B. and Mr. Clark teamed up years ago to begin servicing the drive units.

For OE Magnavox cam sensor caps...
@Thumper (Bill T.) here probably has some left from his earlier for sale postings here and the f*book groups.

I, too, have plenty of new Magnavox caps as well.

The Casper's cap with the LED will work fine when used with an ECM and chip setup to run the engine. The LED cap is problematic when used with aftermarket engine control units. Casper's reviews that info in the product literature for the cap. Casper's cap is best purchased direct from Casper's rather than marked up via on-line vendor stores.

Redesigned Cam Sensors...
Our small turbo Buick group is very fortunate to have innovators like Don Cruz. What he has put together is a really nice piece. His headers are really well fabbed as well.

GBGN1 (Brian P.) FS thread linked in Similar Threads header below had a few cam sensors by Mad Racing Products.

Plenty of turbo buick owners have hoarded cam sensors as there was no alternative for many, many years once the supply of NOS dried up in 2011 and 2012. Now that bushings have been sourced and folks even making new feet for the drive unit body - a lot can be serviced so no need to hoard 5, 10, or 50 cam sensors for just spares. Check the FS section and similar threads from last Fall. many folks listing just serviced cam sensors from Jason and some NOS cam sensors that are not $800 seem to be still available.

Thanks guys.... i found a rebuilt one locally to me and that was key to get my car out of the shop and back home before i leave for vacation next friday. Hopefully this is the issue i've been struggling to find for almost 2 years. Will update.
I'm going to also rebuild my old one and have it as a spare.

Ciao for now

I have a complete rebuilt cam sensor
$350 shipped to lower 48.
I took two to Bowling Green, oddly one of them grew legs and walked away.
20240523_142927.jpg
20240523_142915.jpg

Someone also stole one of three special entry signs that were at the entry road to the event.
We can't assume they will always do the right thing.

I have new OEM cam sensors
200 GM OEM
300 MSD

Located near Detroit, Michigan

I have a fresh one Scott rebuilt for $350 that I will not use. I won't try to steer you into purchasing my fresh rebuilt one but for the money the Cruz one is the way to go.