Cam sensor failure, put this info in your back pocket.

I can't tell you how you how many of these I thrown in the garbage.

I had heard that which is why I ended up just trying the cap rather than bolting in the entire new sensor/shaft setup. When I looked under the car, the timing mark was there and the measurement was dead-on (1.45" from TDC...25 degrees ATDC), so whoever had installed the cam sensor prior knew what they were doing which lead me to suspect the cap even more. 60 second fix to a really annoying problem.

Are there multiple vendors offering the LED cam sensor? I just bought one made by Caspers and am wondering if I should not install on my newly rebuilt LC2, not yet installed in car.

Thanks, Joe

My concerns about the Caspers LED cam sensor is based on TurboBuRick stating he has thrown many away. I am worried these have a high failure rate and am wondering if I should install my new one.

If your car is running fine now, I suggest leaving it alone.

I hate to knock John's product. It's a great concept. I wish I could give a better review but it is what it is. I'm sorry.

I killed 3 cam sensors due to a POS china made "High-Volume" timing cover that I purchased from Full Throttle quite a few years ago. Turns out the cam sensor hole in the cover was drilled slightly "off" causing the cam sensor to not mesh with the cam gear properly. I wondered why it was a bit tough putting the cam sensor in but it didn't click till I saw multiple posts about the same problem. Switched to a TA timing cover and my oil pressure at idle went up 10psi and the cam sensor just falls into place with no effort!!! Now I go out of my way to buy USA made parts where possible, even if it costs 3x as much, its worth it. TA Performance parts for me, top quality company.
Mike