Cam positioning sensor

Jared31

car just died last when I was driving home from a show. It seemed to be idling a little rough when I was stopped at a traffic light. Left the light car seemed to be running normal and then it was like someone turned the ignition switch off. Car just died. It would crank over but would not start. I checked fuel pressure and it's ok. Does this sound like a cam sensor?

car just died last when I was driving home from a show. It seemed to be idling a little rough when I was stopped at a traffic light. Left the light car seemed to be running normal and then it was like someone turned the ignition switch off. Car just died. It would crank over but would not start. I checked fuel pressure and it's ok. Does this sound like a cam sensor?
If it is the cam sensor. Where's the best place to buy one, and what do they usually run price wise

If you lose the cam sensor signal the car will continue to run. The check engine light will come on and the fueling will switch from sequential injection to batch injection-but the engine will continue to run. Once you shut off the engine it will not restart without the cam sensor signal. One thing that could cause what you describe is loss of the crank sensor signal. The engine will immediately die if that is lost. Original design crank sensors were notorious for loosing up and getting hit by the crank interuptor ring. It is located on the lower driver's side of the front timing cover. Take a look there. Beyond that it could also be a blown fuse or a dead fuel pump. Do some checking before throwing any parts at it.

If you lose the cam sensor signal the car will continue to run. The check engine light will come on and the fueling will switch from sequential injection to batch injection-but the engine will continue to run. Once you shut off the engine it will not restart without the cam sensor signal. One thing that could cause what you describe is loss of the crank sensor signal. The engine will immediately die if that is lost. Original design crank sensors were notorious for loosing up and getting hit by the crank interuptor ring. It is located on the lower driver's side of the front timing cover. Take a look there. Beyond that it could also be a blown fuse or a dead fuel pump. Do some checking before throwing any parts at it.
Thanks I have good fuel pressure. I'll have to check some fuses. Any info on fuses will help. Thanks again

Check for spark. If no spark, it could be crank sensor or a fuse as mentioned above, or bad connection at module, bad module, bad coil. It needs air, fuel, and spark to run, just have to see what's not there, then figure out why.

Check for spark. If no spark, it could be crank sensor or a fuse as mentioned above, or bad connection at module, bad module, bad coil. It needs air, fuel, and spark to run, just have to see what's not there, then figure out why.
The car has fuel pressure but no spark. I checked ignition fuses under dash and there ok, I also pulled crank connector out and cleaned it and reinstalled. Still no spark. Anymore help would be appriciated. I was wondering if I should just buy a new crank sensor. How do you check to see if the module is ok

Where did you buy one at and what was the price
I bought one a few months ago at O'reillys. Get the BWD, don't skimp on the cheap stuff. I don't know if O'reillys has a tester for these modules or not...and even if they do, the likelihood of an employee knowing how to run the equipment correctly is slim.

I bought one a few months ago at O'reillys. Get the BWD, don't skimp on the cheap stuff. I don't know if O'reillys has a tester for these modules or not...and even if they do, the likelihood of an employee knowing how to run the equipment correctly is slim.
Just ordered crank sensor from kit an performance. We will see if that's the problem

Not trying to hijack the thread but I literally posted the same thing at about 4am this morning! I have beem trouble shooting all day! I took my coil pack off and it checked out fine. Got fuel but no spark. Cam sensor seems fine (appears bramd new) but I am still at a loss. If you get yours figured out please let me know wtf fixed it!

Not trying to hijack the thread but I literally posted the same thing at about 4am this morning! I have beem trouble shooting all day! I took my coil pack off and it checked out fine. Got fuel but no spark. Cam sensor seems fine (appears bramd new) but I am still at a loss. If you get yours figured out please let me know wtf fixed it!
Will do. Should have crank sensor in a couple days