callin central Fl

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
where are all you central Fl guys from? I live in clearwater and are lookin for some fellow Gm/Buick fans out there racin around... i think if we get to know people around our area and hang out at nite and fry some rice together would be cool. check the sig for the rides....

I'm in Lakeland, but GN-less for now. I'd be a good candidate for the police spotting passenger and the guy who makes fun of the ricers:cool:

im in Tampa. ever go to the setser car show on saturday nites? email me if you want some info on it or something. i know another good car show (better than setsers) that a few members of this board go to also.

id be interested.... i almost have my monte runnin and cant wait to go drive that beast around.. hopefully more people from fl will post too

what or where is setsers?

where in tampa is the spot where the turbo regals hang out at

Setsers is the Ronnie Setser car show on Saturday nites at the Target shopping center on Dale Mabry Hwy. it used to be somewhere else but they moved a few times since then. another TR hangout is the car show @ burger king at US 19 and 110th ave. in pinellas. if you are in tampa like me you gotta go over the howard franklin bridge to get to it. john dicarlo (red regal T) the guy who sells all those parts in the for sale section goes to the pineellas car show sometimes as do i. last time i went thre were about 7 TR's i would guess. one guy drove through once in a blue T and i talked to his friend and he said it run like
10.XX i dont remember but it fast and it looked stock. he said they had just finished it. anyway it would be cool to get a Tampa/St. Pete TR club going or something.

yeah I know where the Target shopping center on Dale mabry is, didnt know it was the place everyone went to on Sat. nights

I live in pinellas and heard about the burger king on US19, just never got the chance to make it out there yet

If a TR club in this area ever started up I'd be interested in it for sure, see quite a few TR running around just never get a chance to talk to them or their going the other way or their too damn fast for me to catch up too

I'm just north of Tampa. Lost track of the local shows and
get-togethers, just don't have much time, havent been to
Gandy in a while, or 4Th ave either, kinda lost interest with
all the rice around any more. I should would love to see how
a Turbo car holds up to my 455 in my Regal. I remember
a couple of years ago going to the Courtny Camble Causway
on the tampa side and watching cars and stuff. I would like
to meet up with some of ya guys at like Sunshine or sumthing.
Never been to Setser, But I do remember Biff Buger in P.P.

Supernova455

well guys i should have my monte streetable and registered in about 2 weeks when i get paid.... im at sunshine every wednesday nite but now that i got promoted to manager i havint had time to go out there.... theres a white T-type out therr that runs low 9's {1/8} and i have a friend with a Gn that runs low 8's {1/8}. but very soon we should make another post and all get together somewhre and go race.... i have a few rice boy friends that i only hang with b/c they know where all the hot spots are and such. I wish i had a TR, ive been completely obsessed with them ever since i got my Regal b/ci love the body style .and the mystic about them that nobody knows what they are. so when i had the 355 and TH400 in my garage and came across a 87 SS for 500 bucks i couldnt pass it up. I hope to get the car painted and get rid of it only to get a 87 Gn. But id love to hang with some people with ones so maybe i can ride in one and see how fast they really are. my friend with a GN has a 86 and is runnin 15psi and that thing sounds like a dam rocket ship taking off.....

Hey I live by UCF (riceville) but my GN is in cocoa. Where are the TR at around here, I know I-drive is packed with just about everything on the weekends

I live in Hernando, the town not county. I am wondering if anybody is around here I have seen only on GN since I have been living here. I have been here a year.

You guys in the are welcome to come out to the October 5th, Orlando TR club meet. We had 30-35 Turbo Buick powered cars at the Sept. meet. Got a few verbal commitments to a few new vehicles next month, including a Buick powered S-10.

Check out the website for specifics. Not too far from UCF.

We should have an Orlando Speedworld track night selected by then as well.

id love to go if you dont mind a Chevy boy out there. I got a N/A 3.8 but a nice lookin Regal, my monte is nearing the end of its transplant and i jus have to sell my Regal for monte insurace.

I used to live in Miami, but Hurrican Andrew moved us to Tampa, now I'm in Wichita, KS. Someone help me! lol