CAI ?'s Which way should I go?

Beamer

I am looking to go to a CAI system. I have been looking at Marks systems and am curious to the differences to the 2 styles and what people have on their car and think about it and if they would do different if they could change.

What is an exact difference between the origonal big mouth kit and the new big mouth kit? I can't quite understand, but maybe that the filter goes down through under where the vapor canister sits. Where does the filter get air with the origonal kit?

I currently have a flex tubing being fed by a 14" K&N filter that sits where the vapor canister used to be. What, if any advantages is believed to be or can anyone give me numbers of changes with a CAI system?

Of the chrome, plain or polished aluminum or the powder coated aluminum, what are people running and do you like better?

I am not into the chrome thing. So I do not intend on going that route. But am torn between the polished and powdered coated systems. I really like my car now that it does not show like a highly modified motor system at all and like the stealth look. I have a slighlty polished up pipe and am thinking about an all black intake system, and wonder if anyone else has it to get their input and thouhgts of it.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Original style kit goes thru the hole in the radiator support and the filter hangs down in back of the headlights.

New style kit is more work to install but eliminates one bend in the system. You would have to put a hole in your inner fenderwell where the vapor canister is located and will also have to move the vacuum ball under the fenderwell to make clearance for the air filter. Pretty easy to do but some people don't want to cut the hole needed for this setup.

You would have to let me know if you are going the powder coated route as I have discontinued powder coating and only have a few limited pipes left in stock. There are NO powder coated pipes left for the original style. You could always just order plain aluminum and paint it yourself I suppose.