C5 Z06 disk brakes, front and rear- PLEASE READ

ITSNOTAGN

Shadow Master
I had posted this in another thread last month, but this needs to be stickied. Here is a company i was introduced to through a friend, that manufactures and sells EVERY component needed to put the 13"/11" C5 Z06 disks on ANY GM car. They are much cheaper than the alternatives (willwood, Baer) and also offer the option of using the new C6 Z06 14"/12" disks. The best part is it uses all GM brake components off the shelf. Heres the link.

Heres the main page
KORE3 Industries LLC: On and Off-Road Performance Automotive Components

COMPLETE rear disk kit with parking brake. with pads, rotors, brackets, and calipers. $1060

COMPLETE rear disk kit WITHOUT parking brake. includes pads, rotors, calipers and brackets. $449 (THIS IS A COMPLETE STEAL!!!!)

Want a COMPLETE C5 Z06 disk package for the front? 12.8" rotors? Complete with brake lines, billet hubs, rotors, calipers, brackets, pads and grease caps. $900. (STEAL!!) With this kit you need to use older, bolt on steering arm spindles, ours will not work. OR convert to the B-body spindle and use the next kit.

C5 Z06 complete kit for B-Body spindle, with everything, $1062

Another, Rear C5 Z06 disks for Ford housing ends and press on bearings $473
Gary

has anyone bought and installed one of these kits yet? just wonderng how well it went together...

email sent

i sent email requesting more info and stuff, with a number, once i talk to a tech guy, and im confident they can make it all work, i'll be ordering a front and rear setup, from there i'll let you all know how it goes, unless someone gets there first or already has done it...

email replied

they replied stating they currently do not have anything for the rear setup for tese cars, but are working on it. They have a source for the AFX spindles which allow a C% or C6 setup to bolt onto it. I have never heard of AFX co., has anyone heard or used them?

they replied stating they currently do not have anything for the rear setup for tese cars, but are working on it. They have a source for the AFX spindles which allow a C% or C6 setup to bolt onto it. I have never heard of AFX co., has anyone heard or used them?

AFX Spindles

Back from the dead... has anyone since 2007 had experience with Kore3 or the AFX package? Seems like a cost effective way to get oem serviceable big brakes.

KORE3 is an excellent company to work with. The AFX set up is an excellent choice for our cars. The AFX package is simply a kit from Savitske Classic & Custom with ATS spindles and double adjustable upper control arms. You can get the kit for less if you buy uppers from Speedway and get the ATS spindle driectly from ATS. You'll need to buy C5 calipers (which are cheapest on EBay), then get the hardware and brackets from KORE3. Buy the rotors from GMpartsdirect.com (ACDelco) and buy ceramic pads from the dealer (ACDelco).

Tubular upper control arms are a waiste of money and are completely sold as a sales pitch. They arent much better than the stock arms. If you want to do an upper, you need to make it adjustable. You can use the non adjustable upper tubulars with shims if necessary I believe. The tubular lower controls are unnecessary as well. Stock lower control arms are acutally very good arms. If compare the weight of most aftermarket lower arms to a stock lower arm, they are very close and some of the tubulars weigh more. I box my stock lowers and they are absolutely awesome! Use ZQ8 bump stops from a newer sport suspension S10.

Here's a couple good threads for more info on my car and how to's:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...5658-front-spring-results.html?highlight=5658

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...some-pics-my-stage-2-a.html?highlight=Stage+2

Kore3 is awesome to deal with ATS on the other hand....

Their spindles are on permanent back order I think :confused:

Watch the front application see how much farrer it sticks out than stock spindle
xcessiv is right, Spindles have a tendancy to push your front wheel OUT & UP. This is pretty much the reason why some guys Can't run a 255 front tire!

SW