C4 goes down!

86with455

Mid 90's conv. vette thought he was tough. When the light
went green, I heard him rev, so i punched it and jumped about
3 car lenghts on him intstantly. He stayed there till about 85.
I forgot to put the trans in "D", so it went into "OD" a little
early, and he started to gain on me, so I let off, and he went
zooming by. At the next light he would not even look over:confused: I had already made up my mind not to race
again because there was too much traffic. When the light when
green again, he revved it up and did a great big burn-out to
show me how much power he has:p , so I let him go on his way
and he didn't even as much wave or smile:( I guess he was to
busy thinking about that new chip, or exhaust he has to buy now.

Here's what my car looks like. I dont think it look too intimidating.

http://community.webshots.com/r1/0/26/87/3302687FQfzzXjpfX_fs.jpg

Supernova455

VERY NICE regal.

And good job on showing the vette what's up. A bunch of guys at work have vettes. 1-70' with a 350, 1-70' with a 454, 1-71' with a 350 and 1-02' Ls1.

I routinely smack them all down with my t-type.

Well except for the 02' with the Ls1. He always top ends me.

But I got a little something brewing in the basement for him though.

Can you say 9:1 compression, front mount, dual stage nitrous!:cool:

Beautiful car! I love 'em with 455s. Sleepers are fun. I'm seriously thinking of getting a stock (bulgeless) hood for my TR then pulling the badge off the back. Why warn 'em? I've pulled up next to a mustang cobra and a Ferrari lately and neither would go. What's up with that?
Keith

Originally posted by mygrain
Very nice car man, good kill too. Got any times ?
Yea, Ditto. If you want to talk about your car, I'd like to hear about the buildup, engine, trans, anything you consider important. I see headers, an intake and engine tie down in the pic. I am just beginning an 83 Regal, 455, 400 trans drag car project, the engine is on the stand right now being tore down. Tim

Hello tim87tr,

I would be happy to tell you any detials
I encounterd in the build up of the car. Much to long to do
here, so if you like, I could E-mail you? let me know!

Supernova455@cs.com

Supernova455

WOW!!!

Beautiful car!!!

455's have got to be my favorite engine ever, my aunts husband has an olds 455 in his boat. Sucker is FAST!!!!!

I know the BOP 455's all differ some, but there still cool.

I know a guy with a 502 in a Cutlass.

Theres something about big blocks in G-bodies that gets me. :D

86with455

Sharp ride:cool: .....I got one too!!!!
Yep a G-Body Regal with a Big Block Buick 455 does wonders, Therpeutic to say the least.
What`s all done to yours?
cam?intake?headers? heads?carb?trans? rear?
If you can share the info I'd appearciate it.

Here's the web site on mine:
let me know what you think
:D
http://www.cardomain.com/id/stg1regal
later

Hello cutluse231,

http://community.webshots.com/photo/3064844/50083553xuIMEV

Engine is out of a 1970 Electra 225, had 100,000 miles. Code "SF",
370hp 510ft/lbs stock

After cracking #7 factory piston (heavy foot), I rebuilt it with
a kit from T/A Performance that included forged pistons (dished like orig.) Bearings, rings and all the stuff. The crank is stock, rods were fitted with new bolts and re-sized. I had a local machine shop bore .030 and hone to size of new pistons. I did all dissassembly and reassembly myself. I also added a 5/8" dia. oil pump pickup tube, and added an oil pump booster plate to the pump. Also, I groved the front cam bearing bore in the block
to improve oiling to the left side of engine, and built a distributor gear oiler too.

Now onto the heads.
The heads are factory down the the orig. valves, pushrods and rocker arms, new springs were installed that cam with the camshaft. I did do some bowl cleanup on the intake and exhaust ports, and polished the combustion chamber.

Intake is T/A Performance Stage 1 intake, high rise single plane. This intake Gives more low end throttle responce, and top end power than the factory Iron.

Carberator is Edlbrock Q-jet series Performer RPM 850cfm.

Ignition is stock 1976 HEI unit, with recurve.

Headers are from T/A, Reconfigured GN cat back exhaust with 3 chamber Flowmaster mufflers.

The 200-4r is out of an 82 Delta 88 with minor modifications. Contanental 10" converter @ 2500 stall, non- lockup.

Rearend is a Moser 9" housing, "N" center section, tracklock with 2.75 gears and 31 spline axles. Hotchkis upper and lower control arms.

My car still has the complete factory interior (buckets and console)
And Ice cold air conditioning. I built the car for the street, and don't have much time to go to the track. I do have a G-tech performace meter, and my best 0-60 is 4.8 with limited traction.

I will be a Britsol Tenn. the 28 and 29th. for the BOP event!!!!

Supernova455

:D
86with455
Nice set up on the big block..... If you get the chance run it once to see how it does.
I think it will surprise you more than the G-tech says.
You got alot of healthy stuff done to the eng.:p

Sure wish I could go to Bristol, but funds and time won't allow it.
Send pics and info back on other Big Block Regals you see down there.(if you can )
And if you take your ride down the track let us know how it did.

If you can join us over at V8BUICK.COM in the "Regals with Extra Cylinders" section....I'm Stg1Regal
later