c ya later corvette

supa6t

:D
I was driving tonight and up next to me pulls this guy one of those i pay payments whats a turbo idiots. He was driveing a new corvette and he goes what u got under the hood i said 3.8 t he looked at me like i was nuts so we had trafffic in front of us and he floors it next to me i was stuck behind some guy. I switched lanes we had open road and he floors it again going about 30 and i do to a second or so later i sailed by him and his girl friend u should have seen the look on his face u know the dang i payed to much for my car look. I fell great after that i feel bad when i beat guys like that they dont no what to say he goes that things fast i was like u think. ;)

Originally posted by supa6t
i said 3.8 t he looked at me like i was nuts

I know it's been said over and over again, but this really drives me nuts. I hate that reaction when you tell them it's a 3.8 or a V6. I usually get the combination look of disbelief and disgust ("what an idiot, he doesn't even know what kind of engine is in his car"). 2nd most popular is the long pause and then the "well you won't get very far with that, you should put a 350 in it".

I can't wait to get my car back and start hanging at the local cruise nights again. I'm going to bring a tape recorder this year. Or maybe just a big sign that says "Yes it's a V6, Yes it's fast, No I don't want a 350".

Nice kill......

Jim

i also the other day raced a brand new SL 55 AMG and that was quicker then the vette he got the jump on cause i didnt launch that was better then the vette i pulled on him just after 2 gear tire spin is a big factor i need to put my welds on with the 295s on the back the little 225s i got now scream like a banshe. I beat him by a car lenght or two he slowed just after i passed him. I cheked later in motor tread a hefty 122,000 base price ouch:( he could have bought ten GNs for thee price of that thingg 0 to 60 in 4.5 and 13.0s to slow.:D

:cool:
yeah and it doesnt have NOS its a big bad grandma buick the fastest grocery getter around haha!:p