Buying and selling parts

DSR-TurboT

Making evil money
I've been thinking about this for a few days now and just have to let it out. I won't name names nor will I give the names of anyone, not even in a PM so do not ask. It's just not me to do that.
Anyway here goes, if you make a deal to sell someone something please tell them before they go out and spend money on stuff to go with what you were selling them. If you find that you were short changing yourself really bad just try to work with the person. Don't ignore their PM's, just let them know. Especially if that person was getting a money order with your name on it. Ever tried to get your money back on one of those???
Thanks, now I have $600 worth of tires I can't use.

What kind of tires? Surely someone needs those somewhere, just sell those for slight loss and move on?

Better yet, what kind of rims were you trying to buy? Surely someone here has some for sale to help you out. I agree, weasels have no place in buying or selling. They are flat out idiots. I have been pissed over a few deals in the past both here and other forums. Post first and then find out you get a PM stating it "sold locally" or something like that. Then find out someone PM'd first and offered a few more bucks to get it over you. Most of the guys here are good fellas to deal with. Sorry you found a bad one.

Post in the PARTS WANTED section. I cruise it just to see if someone is looking for something I am tripping over. I have also found AWESOME deals in ther by posting. I posted for a PTE Stretched stock location intercooler...2 days later, Fred Santana PM'd me and said a customer of his was going front mount soon and would be selling his. $500 plus shipping...:eek::eek::eek: It was perfect condition and complete and the shroud was powdercoated black. Thats 300 bucks less then new. I have other good deals also, I have found there.

:biggrin:

Whats next just taking money for parts and not delivering? Oh, that has been done already too. This isn't much different if you ask me. What do you do with a money order made out to someone else? Compound that with the money that will be lost by having to resell and ship tires.

I'm adopting a new policy of PAYPAL only or Money Order after I receive the merchandise. Sorry for your troubles but thanks for sharing as this was eye opening. WTF do you do with a Money Order made out to someone else??????

Paypal is the only way to go...they may charge u a small fee but atleast if there is a dispute they will deal with it. Sending someone money before they send the part or car is NUTS...and on the flip side the seller could send the part to the buyer and the buyer never pays...

I'll just hang on to the tires and look for a set of rims at BG this year. I don't see me putting them up for sale and taking a loss on them.
It just aggrivates me a little because to me this isn't the way to conduct business.

Paypal is the only way to go...they may charge u a small fee but atleast if there is a dispute they will deal with it. Sending someone money before they send the part or car is NUTS...and on the flip side the seller could send the part to the buyer and the buyer never pays...

How else would it work? I have always sent the money order and waited for the parts. I guess I'm nuts. Too many horror stories with paypal so I don't fool with it, maybe someday.