buying a bike on e-bay

Mack V

Has anyone bought a motorcycle off of e-bay with good results? I am looking at several and they are alot less than in the states here. The bike is out of the country. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Michael

i purchased one on ebay

i purchased a 94 yzf 750 for 3300 off of ebay at the time of purchase it was a great deal. the title was clear, but when i titled it in maryland after I got it home it originally came from maryland and had a salvage title on record so I lost a 1000 dollar value right off the bat. but the bike is gorgeous none the less. The guy i got it from "KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THAT PART"

Use caution ... do a vin check first.

Mike

Thanks, this guy is from Milan, Italy and he gave me all the info. where he lives, but it just seems to good to be true. He won't do a c.o.d. cause he will have to pay a "duty tax".

buyer beware, especially when buying out of the country on e-bay! I've heard of some scams involving such deals, especially the 'too good to be true' ones...maybe someone with more info than me will chime in?

as for buying HERE, a good friend of mine bought an '84 Goldwing Aspencade thru e-bay, the deal AND the bike were great!

I would only do such a deal thru a broker. The bike comes to the states to the broker. Then you transfer the money after the bike has made it to the states. They are alot of scams dealing with bikes and cqars overseas because once they have your money then there is nothing that you can do.

Thanks, I will pass on the deal. Just for kicks I will see if he will do that with a broker. :)