buying 86 Regal T Type

zzzwilliams3200

I am thinking about buying this car, but I have a few questions about it first. It has 78,000miles on it, and 2000 miles on a rebuilt engine. Its running about 19-20lbs of boost now, and has a lot of performance parts under the hood. K+N filter, bigger turbo (don't remember the exact one, it was _60 or something like that). Balanced and blueprinted, Short block, bored .030 over, 3" turbo inlet pipe, non-street legal exhaust, posi, shift kit, upgraded tranny, air bag on left side, and I think thats about it. Before we went on the test drive he removed the oil breather....? not sure why he would have done that? He drove it for about 3 minutes and floored it 3 times and ran it good. when we got back i opened up the hood and could smell some coolant but didn't see any leaking. . any suggestions? it needs a street legal exhaust system and could use a paint job. he wants $5500 for it, is it a good deal or should i try for 5000? any ideas on why he removed the oil breather or why it smelled like coolant? Thanks in advance,,

Zach

sounds like a damn good deal, 5500 for all that? i would jump on it, and if it has that low milage... thats nice. why he removed the oil breather? i dont know, doesnt make sense... and for the coolant smell i get that too, i noticed that my car the overflow bottle leaks some... but so does my radiator.. new (stock replacement) radiators arent really all that much, ive heard between $160-250ish....

where are you located? im sure there is a TR club some where around you... check out the 'regional section' to find out, they maybe able to help you out more...

good luck!

-neil