Buyer Beware 1987 Turbo T on Ebay

Email continues.....

Danny reply said:
SIR, FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SHOWN ME IT WOULD HAVE 135,XXX, BECAUSE IT COULD HAVE NEVER SHOWN 116,XXX BECAUSE IT IS NOT A 6 DIGIT ODOMETER, IT IS A 5 DIGIT ODOMETER, LIKE I SAID IT IS A VERY VERY NICE CAR AND $7250 IS A JOKE OF A PRICE, BUT IT IS A "NO RESERVE" AUCTION AND WILL SELL TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER. EBAY WILL NOT LET ME ADD TO THE DESCRIPTION BECAUSE IT HAS LESS THAN 12 HOURS LEFT. THANKS AND God BLESS, danny!!

My Reply said:
Danny,

Last Indiana DMV record in 1998 would likely indicate 128,769 miles. In the 11 years since, what are the chances this car has had only 6818 additional miles. This would equate to a 619 annual mile average over the past 11 years. There are simply no records that can accurately state such. If there were any records this wouldn't be up for discussion. Using the previous 10 years as an indicator, it's highly likely this car has 235k. I completely understand eBay not allowing you to edit the ad in the last 12 hours. However everything put forth by you the seller does not identify correct mileage.

$7250 is low for a 35k original mile car. But since there is no proof of actual mileage it might not be so good for us bidders if it is a 235k mile car. Surely you can understand the issue of contention this brings to those of us who have a serious vested interest in the car. It matters greatly in the value.

The other issue highlighted was the WE4 option. Does it or does it not? This can very easily be cleared up if the WE4 option code is present on the RPO sticker in the trunk. I asked this the other day for a picture and it's yet to be addressed. Why it's taking this long to address? This adds to buyers concern.

Sincerely

Spoke to the eBay seller that purchased 1994 Z28 from Danny.

The owner stated:

Upon arrival the car had many issues that simply were not represented:

The car wouldn't start, new owner had to replace battery. The radio wouldn't work. The head liner was sagging. Car had been hit in right rear bumper/fascia, spider webbing was apparent in the paint. The hood at the cowl sat higher on one side versus another, the car had been in some sort of front end accident. Console had a considerable crack, console had to be replaced.

The new Z28 owner stated under no circumstances would he buy another car through this seller. I stated our concern of the mileage, and he stated in certain terms he would wouldn't touch the car.

This buyer also stated he got to see the yellow C10 this seller has up currently on eBay. He stated the paint looks horrible in person, though it shows up pretty good in the pictures.

For those of your that missed out on the 1987 rare maroon WE4 with 35k miles :wink: :wink: :wink: Your in luck!!!

Quoting the ad....

RARE CAR!! SUPER HIGH DOLLAR CAR! 42,XXX ACTUAL MILES! GORGEOUS CAR AND IN GREAT SHAPE! PAMPERED NOVA AND IN GREAT CONDITION! GARAGE KEPT! THIS CAR HAS BEEN VERY WELL CARED FOR! SUPER NICE CAR! NO RESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember to take time for prayer and God bless!!

Common questions.....

What kind of wax is used? Was the garage this car was stored in caught in an inferno? How many people were killed when this car was used as an improvised explosive device in Baghdad? Is there any rocket propelled grenade (RPG) damage to the front left quarter panel? Can you indicate the part of this car was that pampered? It's hard to tell from the photos. Does the Baghdad car auction now ship cars to the US?

This car is obviously show ready, buyers get in line for the buy it now price.

This car sold through Barret Jackson earlier this year. Choice of colors is available on this car, many color schemes have been started.

Chevrolet : Nova:eBay Motors (item 120452628355 end time Aug-02-09 19:33:35 PDT)

This is amazing demonstration of the human spirit! This is what is possible when humans have no conscience.

You should have asked him if the holes hacked in the inner fenders on that Nova was a rare option.

well I really don't see what the big deal is .. Who would buy a car without looking at it in person anyway ?? :confused: Oh IF you did buy it site unseen thats your own stupidity smacking you in the head :p

well I really don't see what the big deal is .. Who would buy a car without looking at it in person anyway ?? :confused: Oh IF you did buy it site unseen thats your own stupidity smacking you in the head :p

It's a big deal if I flew out to see the car in person to find out it was not as described or the mileage was wrong.

I would find out about the car but wasting $300 on a plane ticket is a big deal. It's one thing seeing a car in person and not liking how the paint looks but a total misrepresentation is definately a big deal as well as a big waste of time.

It's a big deal if I flew out to see the car in person to find out it was not as described or the mileage was wrong.

I would find out about the car but wasting $300 on a plane ticket is a big deal. It's one thing seeing a car in person and not liking how the paint looks but a total misrepresentation is definately a big deal as well as a big waste of time.

**** happeneds... your idea of nice and someone else's can be as different as night an day. I just flew to Florida last month to buy an all original 19k GN .. I came back empty handed.. happy about it ??? nope!! but thats life :p