Buttons

T-Type85David

I went back to stock radio, something about it i just love:rolleyes: that and my BOss witha 3.5LCD was getting to me:eek: boring. Well i was wondering whats the power rating on the stockers?? what do the buttons mean(other then PWR;) what do they do?? My boss unit made the speakers, the factory front sound way better but im sure it was cuz it was built in amp or something, or the fact that the boss was 320watts:confused:
Well need some feedback on the stock radio with 5band eq. i have 2 of those and 1 digital radio as well.

the headunit only puts out about 10watts rms per speaker. It probably sounded better because there are more filters, equalizers, signal boosters etc built in *newer technology* If these cars did come with a separate factory amp, they are probably only something like 20watts rms per speaker. Nothing factory is extreme, especially from '80's.

Thanks, Well i like the factory look (idk if im alone here) but GDI the sound is not great. FULL WOT VOL is half of my BOSS unit. I was thinking AMP 300watts or so, better front speakers. DO 4'' speakers drop in?:confused: 6x9 convert the rear, Take my 4x10s put them in the door HIDDEN (take panel off cut into door,acoustic spray or enclose) TAPE Adaptor 4 IPOD which i have:cool: Maybe If i feel like it 2 8'' subs in the truck. I think the 6x9s with hit good enough

I'm not sure about 4'' drop in speakers. Get 6x9 adapters for the rear. And 5.25'' speakers for the door. 5.25'' will sound better than 4x10. 5.25'' will have more midbass and will sound better (less distortion). Instead of 8''s if you still want alot of trunk space, you can do 6.5'' 150 watt subs in the rear window panel under the opera window. factory look is always good if you don't want someone to try and steal your stuff. if you want to spend a little more time doing it, do 5.25'' components with the tweeters in the dash. Get phoenix gold RSD speakers. best bang for buck. Get an eclipse 4 channel amp. Thats what I have, but haven't installed it yet.

Sounds good, yeah 4x10 are ok, they are BOSS 220watt but stock radio cant make em sound to good. IF i go 5.25 in the door will i have to cut my panels?? Well i guess i could, whatever speaker grill they give me i can spray match the color so it wont look to bad. Nah my sound system is the least i want to spead on. I like the fatory look but want more power so AMP, 6x9, maybe 5.25, better dash speakers with bass blockers (maybe, dont know if they help) Some kind of subwoofer in the truck but nothing thats gonna win any awards. Just a 8'' tube or 10'' single box. I have a 12'' DB sub rating 1000watt laying around.200watt (oldschool) amp,two 5.25 also and some tweeters;) NO SUB BOX:( .