*Busted*... Video ...

You'd be surprised the stupid things people do right in front of us. "Oh, I didn't see you behind me/across from me/NEXT TO ME."

Wakko Thats a real interesting statement under your name LOLOL :eek: :eek: :D :D

The guy in the vette probably had the biggest mood swing possible in life right then...YEAH I KICKED HIS BUTT!!...then spots blue lights....AH SH#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTDT got to see the dounuts but didn't get to eat'em as there was a cage between me and them :eek: adn the bracelets didn't help either....ahhhh youth :) sure wouldn't want to get busted for it now, save it for the strip or the entrance ramps :D

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
I wish they kept rolling
Yeah, but the camera guys probably didnt want to stick around too long. The vette didnt get caught, it was the Camaro, got owned and the ticket....not a good night.

Oh man, that sucks. They can even charge the guy with the camera if they wanted to.

The cops can confiscate the camera if they want too. We got involved in a huge melee one night. Some hotshot got it all on video and wouldn't let us hold the tape, so we took the whole camera and told him to pick it up Monday at the station. Using the tape we were able to find out who started the fight and act accordingly.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
The cops can confiscate the camera if they want too. We got involved in a huge melee one night. Some hotshot got it all on video and wouldn't let us hold the tape, so we took the whole camera and told him to pick it up Monday at the station. Using the tape we were able to find out who started the fight and act accordingly.

No offense at all (as I totally support you guys), but I think it really SUCKS and it's scary knowing that you have the power to legally confiscate some guy's camera. I can understand taking it if the guy was involved in the fight (or betting on it, the fight was setup, etc.), but not some guy who just happened to see a fight and quickly took out his camera. That is blatant violation of the 4th Amendment, and big government at its worst. What has America become...

Originally posted by TurboTer
I think it really SUCKS and it's scary knowing that you have the power to legally confiscate some guy's camera. I can understand taking it if the guy was involved in the fight (or betting on it, the fight was setup, etc.), but not some guy who just happened to see a fight and quickly took out his camera. That is blatant violation of the 4th Amendment, and big government at its worst. What has America become...

No offense taken, but let me offer you this scenario. Let's say you and your girl are walking down the street and some dude gets in your face and starts harassing you. Someone throws a punch and it turns into a big fight with numerous people. In the end, the guy that was in your face gets his ass whooped and gets knocked out. We show up and discover someone has it on video. We ask for the video or to look at it to see who started the fight and he won't let us. He takes the camera and off he goes. Paramedics show up and the passed out dude is DEAD. Uh oh. You get arrested for manslaughter or murder and have to defend yourself accordingly. You argue that he started it and you were defending yourself (if this is true, you'd be found not guilty or probably have the charges dismissed before you got to court) but his buddies say that yeah, he was talkin smack but you punched him and wouldn't stop hitting him. THAT will put you in jail for 15 years.

The video shows the truth...wouldn't you wish you could have it?

We don't confiscate for $hits and giggles. We confiscate when we have to. The guy with the camera could have removed the tape and given it to us with no problems. If he'd have just SHOWED it to us, we probably wouldn't even have wanted it. But since he was yelling at us that we couldn't have it and it was his, and we STILL had no idea who started the fight, we were forced to take the whole shebang. He got the camera back two days later. The passed out guy that had been whooped really badly turned out to be the aggressor and had hit the defendors GIRLFRIEND. We didnt know this till the tape was viewed.

WakkoSS:

You make some very good points, and honestly, I have no idea why any sane person would hold onto that video and not voluntarily give it up to you guys. But suppose some guy happens to tape you guys doing something wrong? Do you have the right to take the camera? Should you? I'm all for the police, I'm just not big into taking personal property or intrapment (like an undercover cop in a fast car saying "Come on, let's race" or even cops posing as cabbies). But lemme just say you made your point well and you did the right thing by taking that video. Why he didn't give it up is beyond me.

As far as cops confiscating videos of them doing something wrong, you've got a point. If I pull you over, you give me lip and I drag you outta the car and Rodney King your a$$, should I be able to take someone else's video camera to cover my butt? No way. Does it stop some cops from doing it? Nope. It's dirty cops like that that are causing all of the restrictions and negative attention on the rest of us.

One of the reasons the guy didn't want to give up the tape is because the three of us (po pos) that showed up DID get in the fight and it was a pretty cool video. Two of us with our ASPs (expandable baton) out separating people. It was completely justified, but some people think that anytime the cops hit people it's brutality. I felt bad taking the camera and not just the tape, but the battery in the camera died so we couldn't remove the tape and the guy was REALLY being a jerk. One of the other deputies was gonna take him to jail for Obstruction of Justice but I talked him out of it.

If a cop comes up to you in an unmarked and asks you to race, that IS entrapment. Riding around in undercover cabs is not. Just sneaky. :)

Originally posted by WakkoSS
As far as cops confiscating videos of them doing something wrong, you've got a point. If I pull you over, you give me lip and I drag you outta the car and Rodney King your a$$, should I be able to take someone else's video camera to cover my butt? No way. Does it stop some cops from doing it? Nope. It's dirty cops like that that are causing all of the restrictions and negative attention on the rest of us.

One of the reasons the guy didn't want to give up the tape is because the three of us (po pos) that showed up DID get in the fight and it was a pretty cool video. Two of us with our ASPs (expandable baton) out separating people. It was completely justified, but some people think that anytime the cops hit people it's brutality. I felt bad taking the camera and not just the tape, but the battery in the camera died so we couldn't remove the tape and the guy was REALLY being a jerk. One of the other deputies was gonna take him to jail for Obstruction of Justice but I talked him out of it.

If a cop comes up to you in an unmarked and asks you to race, that IS entrapment. Riding around in undercover cabs is not. Just sneaky. :)

I agree with all your points, but I still have objections about the cab cars. :) As for asking to race, what do you think of this:

Back in 1999, I went to the local hangout for drag racing (illegal, but hey, I was stupid). Got there early, and there was no one racing, and about 6 cars or so. One guy in a SS Chevelle said something along the lines of "Come on, let's see someone race." Me and my buddy decided to be the first, and when we did, several cop cars came out of nowhere and surrounded us. A little bit later, we saw that the guy in the Chevelle was a cop. Was that entrapment? I didn't get my car taken away, nor did I get arrested, but I got hit with 5 summons, including wreckless driving. In court a few months later, I pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, paid a fine of $150, and had ALL the charges dropped. Got no points at all from the judge. I never raced there again. :)

Yeah, I think that if you would have taken that whole thing to court, it probably would have been dropped. Guy in the chevelle was stupid. There are ways to get people to race or participate in one and have it NOT entrapment, but it's actually pretty rare around my part of the woods to do all that. We just send a ton of police cars in to where they're racing, scare em away and keep patrolling the area. They'll eventually find another place to hang out.

people dont even race around here. i can never find anywhere to mess around. im not talking about premeditated racing with money or anything, i can even get anybody to race me when i pull up at a light and rev like a prick. i do know where to go but its too far down for me to take the GN, and i dont want anything to happen to it cause the cops down there are jerks.