Buschur Racing full interior Evo RS runs 9's on straight pump gas!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Buschur Racing RS - 9's on pump & LOW 9's on race!- Video

Supposedly this car was ran on straight Sunoco 94 octane pump gas WITHOUT alky injection, and then on race gas it runs low 9's @150+ MPH. That is some serious power for a little 4 cylinder on straight pump fuel, very impressive what these guys have accomplished with the 4G63 motor although I would be interested in knowing what all was done to this particular motor as well as a solid answer on how much boost he was running, heard he was running 30lbs on pump and around 40lbs on race but there seems to be some conflicting numbers so who knows.

Thats your worst nightmare right there imaging running into one of those on the streets and thinking you are all badAZZ with your 11sec GN :D , SImply amazing he must be making at least 700 to the wheels to be running that fast :eek: ..

Thats your worst nightmare right there imaging running into one of those on the streets and thinking you are all badAZZ with your 11sec GN :D , SImply amazing he must be making at least 700 to the wheels to be running that fast :eek: ..

We have some very fast ones down here, the one guys shop is a few miles from where I live and his has been high 8's. Definitely gotta watch out for them the only thing worse then getting beat by a 6 cylinder is getting beat by a 4 cylinder!:eek:

Just plain sick :eek: Whether we like it or not :rolleyes: these cars are just getting faster x the second!! I definitely have to stop going to my local track & hanging out @ the dyno :redface:...I'm almost completely convinced that TBs suck!

That is very impressive...and the best part is it looks just like any other Evo on the street.:eek: I've seen a lot of Evo's here with more stickers and body mods, and I know they're not even close to running that fast.

Nice car and super quick. How much time and money are in it and how long will it last? Is it reliable as street car? I wish someone with big money would do that to a TB. Anyway don't street that dude.

I am at a lost for words. The amount of money must be crazy. And the power is even more crazy. WOW.

I remember the first time I saw an Evo, Buschur had one before you could buy them here, it ran mid 12's and I was impressed with that.
Those cars are very reliable. You just have to remember, the engines in those cars are far more advanced than our pushrod 2 valve V6's. They are able to run very high boost with pump gas (boost levels we need race fuel to acheive), and boost levels on race fuel usually reserved for diesels. The old DSM's have been in the 7's and 6's for years. It doesn't make our cars suck. Look at how many big inch tubbed Camaros are only running in the 10's. And as far as money goes, it takes alot to make anything run those times, no matter what it is. These newer turbo cars are getting all of the new turbo technology, technology our cars help develope. Turbo technology has changed so much in the past 10, even 5 years, and keeps getting better by the day. The big problem is the Turbo Buicks are such a small part of the market, it takes a minute for the new stuff to trickle down to us. Then we want everything to bolt on.

Hi guys.

I'm David, the owner of the car. I've been a member here for quite some time, had a few turbo Buicks and a few old Buicks too.

Details on the car. For those of you wondering.
2004 Mitsubishi Evolution RS
122 cubic inch stock block
stock crank
stock head casting

Engine is our BR (Buschur Racing) Stage 3, which is all balanced, upgraded rods and pistons.
Head is our BR Stage 3, which is ported, upgraded springs/retainers, valves and o-ringed.

The turbo is just a new version of a GT35r. The car has made 700 whp on our Mustang AWD dyno in the past. This particular day it was dyno'd only in 3rd gear (which produces lower numbers as it is not 1:1) and it made 635 whp. Our dyno for reference reads very low compared to a Dynojet.

Back to the engine.

Engine runs a set of our custom ground cams, about .420 lift is all, hydraulic, stock lifters, stock rockers.

BR air to air front mount
BR 2.5" upper and lower i/c pipes
BR lightweight battery kit
BR coil on plug ignition
BR double pumper, stock fuel lines, stock fuel pressure regulator
1200 cc injectors (120 #'s)
BR fuel rail
Wilson Manifolds ported stock intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
BR 3" turbo back exhaust with our bullet muffler
AEM EMS for fuel management, which I do the tuning on

The transmission is stock, it was rebuilt with new syncros in the spring of 2007. Transfer case, front axles, rear axles and rear differential are all stock. The driveshaft is a 2 piece standard steel unti from DEVO Tuning.

I have raced this car hard since it was new in 2004. In that time it has broken one stock drivers side axle and one aftermarket transfer case I tried. No other driveline parts have ever broken.

The car, if driven on the highway at 65-70 mph, will get 28+ mpg.

The boost on the 9.72 pump gas run was 31 psi peak. I turned it down for the next one to 28 and it ran the 9.78.

On the race gas passes the peak boost was 40, the datalog never hit 41.

I honestly didn't expect the car to go as fast as it did. I've been very stubborn in the past and refused to run a slick on the car because it is my street car. We've always run it on Hoosier QTP DOT's. The car ran a best of 9.42 at 155.78 mph with those tires.

The car was up 35 whp from the last time we ran it and we put the slicks on. I expected, on a really good run, to maybe see a 9.2X and that was my goal for this year. Needless to say three 9.1's in a row left me pretty happy.

How reliable is the engine? Extremely, you guys would be shocked. The last two problems I had were both from some failure that was a "freak". I lost a cam sensor which hurt the cylinder head. Just bolted another head back on. Right now two of the cylinders are down a little and it is probably from the sensor going, obviously it's not hurting it too much. haha

As for the 8 second EVO in Florida that was mentioned. There isn't one. I'm not sure who was being referred to but there are only 3, 8 second EVO8-9's in the country right now. They are all gutted tin cans, one of which I own. AMS, Buschur Racing and a guy named Brandon from New Jersey are the only EVO's to have run 8's. Our full blown drag car with a GT42r on it has only run 8.8 at 172.74 mph, MPH is there but the ET sucks considering how fast my car ran. My car is also quite a bit heavier than our drag car. We are going to work on that as the other car should be running in the low-low 8's but getting the suspenstion/trans to cooperate with 1,000+ whp is proving to be very difficult. As a matter of fact we put a small T67 Ptrim on the car and it ran 8.96 at 166 mph, nearly as quick with 250 less HP.

This car is no joke, it is extremely reliable is driven on the street, it drives extremely well, not really much different that stock other than the clutch being grabby and it being louder.

Thanks for the interest.

Thank you!

I can't drive worth a damn, the driver is a very good, long time friend of mine Kevin Lawson. He's driven a few of our race cars over the years too, very good driver. Needless to say he's anxious for me to find another couple of HP to see if he can't drop it into the 8's.

I think just the cool fall air and another day with traction good enough we can get it there. I'm always on a quest for a more perfect combination though, so I'm sure next time it goes to the track it will have a few more HP.

I just don't want to go bigger on the turbo, a GT35r is pretty laggy on a 2 liter as it is and takes some of the fun out of driving it. Going bigger than that makes it just suck on the street in my opinion. Right now it makes 20 psi at about 4800 rpm, peak torque is about 6200 rpm, it will rev to over 10,000 rpm without a problem but the power band doesn't call for it for it to go fast. Shifts are made at about 9,000 and I think we'd have gone faster if we had dropped them down to 8500 rpm instead. We'll try that next time. Shifting at 9,000 had the car dropping to 7,000 on the gear change which was after peak torque and not ideal.

As for the 8 second EVO in Florida that was mentioned. There isn't one. I'm not sure who was being referred to but there are only 3, 8 second EVO8-9's in the country right now. They are all gutted tin cans, one of which I own.

Hi David,

Thanks for posting in this thread and giving us the 411 on your ride!:cool: You are also correct, I made the mistake of saying high 8's, the car I was referring to is Mike at USPMotorsports~ USP Motorsports - VW Audi Porsche Performance Upgrades seen in this vid.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHXDgct4t5g[/YOUTUBE]

I know he has run some 9.30's maybe 20's @ somewhere in the 150-160mph range with his black Evo8 seen in the dyno vid. He has also won quite a few street races down here including beating a true high 8 sec (ran 8.90's @154mph at BMP) LS2 400+ cube N20 powered T/A. I think his goal is to eventually have it run in the 8's and it seems like he is making some good power.

PS: If I remember correct Mike's Evo8 was originally owned by Kurt Brown??

are those cars all wheel drive to ? a ton of them things runnin around here on the nw side of chicago or should i say little poland. that's all you see ,those and the wrx's

Beware !!!

are those cars all wheel drive to ? a ton of them things runnin around here on the nw side of chicago or should i say little poland. that's all you see ,those and the wrx's

Beware my friend, north Chicago is AMS Performance territory. They have some wicked fast EVOs up there...

thier out in the burbs. these kids out here all have the garbage can mufflers on these things that mommy and daddy bought them. only a few of them are really runnin serious and you can tell who they are

Yes, the cars are AWD.

Mike's, the shop posted about in Florida, is actually a good friend of mine and probably our largest wholesaler of our product line.

I built the shortblock in Mike's car;) He has gone 9.3's.

TSO, that would be great. See if you can talk Lasiter into letting me run the car in the class just for the fun of it;) I'll be there in a minute! Even just let me run qualifying.

WOW VERY IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST , WHAT YOU WOULD SAY THAT BUILDUP COST TO DO ONE LIKE THAT .:smile: