Bumper pads

Mattthias

Hi all. I have a set of new front and rear bumper pads for my turbo t. My question is how do I install them? Do the bumpers need to be removed or can I install them with the bumpers on?

I looked at the rear bumper stops and I see that there is a bolt on the bottom of it but it is connected to the bumper near the upper part as well.

I did do a search and did not see anything.

Thanks

For the rubber pads only, you need to have the metal bumperette pulled off the bumper.

There should be holes in the support to access them and the torx on the bottom to remove the bumperette.

I suggest vasaline in the socket when you remove the nut so you don't drop it in the support.

Also be careful as the threaded stud and nut corrode bad and it will slip in the bumperette. I've had to cut them off before.

For the rub strip you have to take off the bumper to access the self threading nuts.

Hth, -Greg

Last edited:
For the rubber pads only, you need to have the metal bumperette pulled off the bumper.

There should be holes in the support to access them and the torx on the bottom to remove the bumperette.

I suggest vasaline in the socket when you remove the nut so you don't drop it in the support.

Also be careful as the threaded stud and nut corrode bad and it will slip in the bumperette. I've had to cut them off before.

For the rub strip you have to take off the bumper to access the self threading nuts.

Hth, -Greg

Thanks for the help!