Bumper fillers

BBcallaway

Can anyone tell me if the bumpers on a GN have to be removed before the bumper fillers can be removed and then replaced?

Thanks

As mike said....you can but the bumpers are only 8 or so nuts to remove. The job is alot easier removing them.

Paul, I am going to have mine repainted. They are still in good condition. For some reason they have the appearance of fogging up.I have a few suggestions to fix the problem,but none help. So I will have them repainted.So to answer your question I do not know.

Bruce

Paul, I am going to have mine repainted. They are still in good condition. For some reason they have the appearance of fogging up.I have a few suggestions to fix the problem,but none help. So I will have them repainted.So to answer your question I do not know.

Bruce

Mine also fog up. Very frustrating to wash the car and the next day the fillers are fogged. Will repainting remedy the problem?

The fogging of original fillers has to do with the flex agent in the paint as well as plastic breaking down. While some have had great results in getting them repainted while others have had them fall apart as soon as they are off the car. If you do decide to remove them from the car be sure to handle them with care. It does not take much for them to rip or tear after 24+ years.

I'd buy new ones if you are going to take them off. Its only a matter of time before they crumble, and why do the job twice. Bumper takes less than ten mins to get off, and on, its not that bad job at all. Even if they are in good condition, you never know how long they will last.

I painted mine last year because of the fogging. Now i am replacing them and re painting again because of the crumbling....buy new ones.

Mine are crumbling underneath the license plate so I have a big hole there. I need to replace them. What are my options on new ones?

paul

Extreme heat IE: sitting in a blazing hot non air conditioned garage, sitting on parking lots at car shows in the summer sun. And or extreme cold IE: sitting in a detached unheated cold garage in the winter months is what kills them really fast more then anything. Like Herb said the clouding is them breaking down so one hot summer or one cold winter and they dry out and turn to dust in your hands. One cold winter in a unheated garage killed both of my rears and one front filler. Just the summer before they were fine. They were not made to last 25 years that's for sure! I picked up the fiberglass ones from Danko. They are ok at best as far as fitment goes. Hopefully Richard Clark makes some new ones like the OEM ones sometime soon. If someone made a filler for these cars like the oem ones that fit perfect they would be very rich that's for sure.