Bulletproof 8.5" Built Rear

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
I am considering selling the rear end out of my GN. I bought it from Dave England a couple years ago out of his TSM car. He had most of the work done, and had gone consistant high 1.3X 60s on it without any problems.

It is an 8.5" 10bolt GN rear with TA girdle, Heavily Braced and welded axle tubes, has modified ears for lower control arms with several lower control arm locations, 33 spline axles, 33 spline spool, 3.42 ring and pinion, billet yoke, all new bearings beginning of this season (only about 5 passes and some dyno pulls) Has poly bushings in upper ears, set up for a couple different brands of anti-roll bar (i used a welded in kit). Also I converted this rear end to willwood disk brakes, with 5/8" drag racing studs.

In my car I have gone 1.35 60 foot @ 3500lbs with a 28 X 10.5 slick.

Only reason I would like to sell is to upgrade to a 9", as I am making over 1000RWHP now, and know my combo is capable of launching in the high 1.2Xs, so I dont want to risk destroying a well built piece by pushing the limits.

I am looking for $1600 OBO / will consider trades for 9" set up for gbody.

I might also consider selling my trans, converter, rear, and driveshaft together as a package if someone is interested so I can also switch to a powerglide. Details are as follows: DRC TH400 well built drag racing transmission with reverse pattern valve body, Hipster Brake, all good parts, just freshened and new JW Ultrabell (GM/Chevy dual pattern), ATD/Hipster 9.5" 3000rpm 1000HP stall converter with welded balloon plates, brand new. High strength Suburban Driveline 1000HP nitrous drive shaft (3.5" dia) for TH400 to 8.5" Rear. This drivetrain complete was behind my sbc combo making 935 RWHP on the dyno, and has been in the 9s @ 140mph with my old chevy motor. All either brand new, freshened, or like new. If someone wanted to buy everything as a package, I would sell complete for : $4,000.00

I've got $3300 into trans and converter alone
Driveshaft cost $350
I've got $1,900 into the rear

I will post pics of the rear later today-

Thanks,

Cliff

I am looking for a driveshaft if you are willing to separate. What 400 yoke are you using and I assume that it is a 1350 Billet. Is the shaft aluminum?
Jeff

Jeff-
It is a 1350 billet, but dont recall which 400 yoke, ill check. However I would not want to seperate unless someone bought the rear alone first. Also, the driveshaft is moly, not aluminum. Suburban driveshaft does aluminum also, but with the weight of my car, and how much HP i plan on making, they thought I would tear an aluminum one up.

Cliff

Cilff,
I am interested but in no rush. Just let me know how the sale on the rear goes.
Jeff

Steppin up

Hey Cliff
Hows it going? Stepping the stuff up I see.. I will gladly offer any info I can if someone needs it.. It is a great piece! Shoot me an email when you get a chance Cliff..

Dave