BUILT STROKER 109 SHORT BLOCK

ttypewhite

I am selling my Dad's back up stroker motor that he had in his car when Cal Hartline came to tune it. This motor made 708rwhp at 28psi with a 71mm turbo. This setup would have made 750rwhp with 2 more pounds of boost, but we called it a day because we drove a hour to the dyno on a 90 degree day, and strapped it down without cooling it down and made pump gas and alky pulls, then added C16 and went for a race tune. We pulled this motor out of his car and replaced it with a StageII stroker 3.8 bottom end. That's is the only reason for selling. Engine stand not included. This motor has the following done to it.

BUILT SHORT BLOCK
-Weber 4340 billet crank 3.625 stroke
-K1 5.960 forged 4340 rods
-3.830 diamond forged pistons
-DLS 218/218 Comp cam billet cam
-DLS high volume front cover
-DLS oiling system
-DLS deep sheet metal oil pan
-Progear roller timing chain set
-RJC block girdle
-Arp studded bottom end
-2 center steel caps
- Total Seal file fit rings
-Clevite harden bearing

With a set of Champion aluminum heads this motor will have 9 to 1 compression. The block has never been hurt or filled. This is pretty much as far as you can take a 109. Everything is fresh with a brand new set of pistons, rings and bearings. Asking $6,000 firm, you couldn't build it for less. Shipping is extra. Motor also comes with a build sheet with all the clearances etc. Here are some pics during assembly.

Finished pics

Dyno with this motor in the car

Any idea how much it would cost to ship to San Francisco Bay Area? What heads did it make that power with?

Cost of shipping would be approximately $300. I will be listing the heads (GN1 latest casting) that were ran with this short block as a package deal as soon as I clean up the intake that was port matched to it.

I will update this post by the end of next week. I am working with someone on this and we have given each other our word that we are committed to doing this. Sale is pending.

Heads and intake as well are spoken for by another member who I talked with as well under the exact same terms. I like dealing with people of integrity that stand behind their word. Reminds me of back in the day when you shake hands, that's as good as any contract you can write.