Built Shortblock

bigboost6

I bought a short block from a member on here a few years back and never got around to using it. After purchasing the shortblock, it was brought to my attention that it is a 290 series not the 109 that was described. After speaking with him he said that he used it with the intercooled setup and everything worked fine. I am not sure but everything else is nice and ready to use. The motor was built by Wild cat in North Carolina (I think)with:
TRW forged pistons and rings .30 over
REV x2 roller cam 212/218
ARP rod bolts
ARP main studs
Z dot rods with polished beam
IF you have any questions feel free to message me
$900 obo
I would prefer a local pickup ( Baltimore area) but I will freight ship it for you for whatever the cost of that is.

Last edited:
Major thing that makes me leery is that he is asking $9k for something that isn't worth $3k

Major thing that makes me leery is that he is asking $9k for something that isn't worth $3k
his post reads 900 obo not 9k
a roller cam , trw forged pistons, studs
have no idea what a 290 series is but even if its a 14 bolt it would work if you add a turbo oil drain to pan or front of block

his post reads 900 obo not 9k
a roller cam , trw forged pistons, studs
have no idea what a 290 series is but even if its a 14 bolt it would work if you add a turbo oil drain to pan or front of block
oh shit, you are right. Didn't even notice the other zero is not there. For $900 that may be a deal.

Sorry op.

Ya its $900 not 9k. Sorry I don't post to much stuff on here. From what I was told its a hot air block which is what the "290" is. I will get pictures this weekend

Welcome to the board!!! Please post the block # so it can be id'd properly. It will help to put a value on it.
Don't take offense, but potential buyers have to use caution when dealing w/little or unknown sellers, as you can understand. If you can have the seller post/confirm the info, you will get quicker responses from potential buyers.

Welcome to the board!!! Please post the block # so it can be id'd properly. It will help to put a value on it.
Don't take offense, but potential buyers have to use caution when dealing w/little or unknown sellers, as you can understand. If you can have the seller post/confirm the info, you will get quicker responses from potential buyers.
Hey thanks Ya I have been reading information on here for years but I don't really post that much. I understand the more information the better I put the ad up and I will go take pictures tomorrow and with the block # and everything visible.

Just because you guys are so accustomed to seeing those big numbers....